[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Custom figure modifications: Tips & Resources - Page 11 - Community

Custom figure modifications: Tips & Resources

Tips & Tricks
Guess I'll randomly bump this to 100 posts because the 99 is bugging me.

I have submitted a post 3 TIMES, just to help drum up attention to my roleplay, as someone suggested, but it never goes through, and I have no idea why...

Sup everyone !
I'm in France and so you probably know that it is hard to find some halo fig or set with low prize..
Also i start custom on fig and weapons but I NEED MORE !
So i wonder if you know where i can find some 3dprint helmet or else not so expansive.(less 5€/unit)
So sorry for my english !

MrStup wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 1:57 pm
Sup everyone !
I'm in France and so you probably know that it is hard to find some halo fig or set with low prize..
So i wonder if you know where i can find some 3dprint helmet or else not so expansive.(less 5€/unit)
eBay could be a good spot. I’ve seen custom molds on there before.

MrStup wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 1:57 pm
Sup everyone !
Shapeways has some amazing custom helmet molds.

As a customizer myself I adapt to what I can use, anything is a material if you're desperate (plastic utensils, wood, plastic cups anything moldable), my first few customs (which will never see the light of this website) was just made by adding super glue on modified utensils to specific parts to give it more spikes, I then evolved to melting plastic, but that isn't healthy nor reliable.

Fast forward I started to use Gundam runners to make armor pieces and the like while at the same time finding out about plastic cement, which btw is probably one of the best things you could use when fusing plastics together.

Fast forward again I started using PLA plates which are the main material I use for crafting my exotic weapon, as those things come in different sizes and rather soft compared to some plastics and easy to mod, while for the most part is strong, the thinner plates will break if not handled correctly

and again fast forward where I suddenly realized you could use a smothering iron to modify faces, while I'm still new to this part of the skill so far it seemed like a decent answer to face alteration if you're daring enough, it takes a lot of skill just o do this one so be careful in handling it,

another thing is using pla wire for 3d pens ca also mod character if done right- I have light experiences on this one so can't tell how effective this will be

The latest thing I've heard in customizing is using epoxy clay, which seems promising, haven't tried this one yet so ill update it as I go along

Return to “Custom builds & Modifications”