[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Custom figure modifications: Tips & Resources - Page 9 - Community

Custom figure modifications: Tips & Resources

Tips & Tricks
You can use a pin to pop out the rod/peg piece that connects the elbows and shoulders in CoD/Halo figures, then swap them around. I've used that trick a few times. I've also noticed that even though Destiny figures have the same scale as CoD figures, the rods in their arms and shoulders actually are compatible with Halo figures.

Also, while the armour used on Spartans/Elites/Marines, etc. isn't compatible with CoD thighs, brute armour does fit easily onto CoD legs.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:11 am
Also, while the armour used on Spartans/Elites/Marines, etc. isn't compatible with CoD thighs, brute armour does fit easily onto CoD legs.
Oh yes that explains a lot. Fair warning, though - even the Brute armour will scuff the CoD thighs slightly.

So, I was gonna try to sand off the Mark V Master Chief's legs some (to inprove leg movement, restricted movement is a problem in stop motion) but when I started I noticed the color was slightly lighter where I had sanded the leg. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I guess I'm asking if there is a particular product I should use?

I would suggest finding a spray paint/primer that matches the color of the armor. If you can't seem to find one, there are other acrylic paints that you can use, but in order to use them you gotta apply a primer first. I'm not sure if you use enamels already, but if you don't avoid them. In my experience enamels tend to erode the plastic and just make a mess.

Not sure if this has already been put out there, but kiwi shoe polish is an excellent and super quick and easy way to make awesomely weathered figures. I've tried it multiple times and been very pleased with the results.

DemarcationMedia wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:36 pm
Not sure if this has already been put out there, but kiwi shoe polish is an excellent and super quick and easy way to make awesomely weathered figures. I've tried it multiple times and been very pleased with the results.
Post pics?

nigelninja11 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:56 pm
DemarcationMedia wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:36 pm
Post pics?
Agreed there. It sounds great, could you show us some?

Yeah, I have some pics, but I'm not sure how to put them here. How does the gallery feature work?

DemarcationMedia wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:15 am
Yeah, I have some pics, but I'm not sure how to put them here. How does the gallery feature work?
How to post on gallery? Or how to link gallery posts here?

Do you have to use the gallery? So far, my posts are all still waiting on moderation two weeks after submitting.

Return to “Custom builds & Modifications”