[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Custom modifications: Tips & Resources - Community

Custom modifications: Tips & Resources

Tips & Tricks
Hey everyone,
I know there are heaps of brilliant custom builders on this website, and was wondering if they/you had any tips for amateur custom builders like myself ;) Like if you should buy extra sets just for the pieces they contain or yeah any other ideas you guys use/have.
Thanks,
Assassinater117

The more blocks you have the more options you have. Especially if you want to get into larger builds.

I've read about builders purchasing multiple of one item for the pieces. I think thats the way to go until Mega allows to purchase individual or packaged blocks.

I find purchasing sets from all different brands helps as well. Gives me a wider variety of pieces.

But you don't have to break your piggy bank to do something awesome. Sometimes small mods can make a huge difference.

Really all you need is creativity and imagination.

Do you just want to do custom builds or custom figures as well?

Dremmil, super glue, hobby knife , a great imagination. Fine a bunch of extra pieces . Look for a ton of pictures. Do your magic. Even if it's only a paint job. It's a custom.

Thanks for the ideas and suggestions guys. I was mainly doing vehicle custom builds johnny5,
And thanks again ;)

In my opinion I would say if you want to make a base with alot of sandbags (if ur into that) I would invest in the desert troopers cod set because it gives like 15 sandbags but again thatd just me but with a few sets I made a insurgent base
That turned out good and it's on my profile if u want to see it

Navy_Marksman wrote:In my opinion I would say if you want to make a base with alot of sandbags (if ur into that) I would invest in the desert troopers cod set because it gives like 15 sandbags but again thatd just me but with a few sets I made a insurgent base
That turned out good and it's on my profile if u want to see it
FYI in case you were not aware. You can include images from the gallery by using the IMG BBCode.
Or you can include a full gallery post by using the GALLERY BBCode.

If your not sure how to do this, see this thread: Adding pics to your posts?

You can easily build tons of sandbags with some burlap and dirt or sand. Hot glue or super glue to seal the bags up. I found that you can also make some pretty cool looking melee weapons with old mechanical doohickeys and scrap.
If you're pretty lax about how much of it has to be [competitor], then the possibilities are endless! I only use blocks when necessary, and my mini figures are pretty happy. (Yes they are like pets.) Not real though.
Venturing out of the toy world is the best you can do! Rubber dinosaur and animal toys make pretty cool rides and even hiding places if you cut them open.

I think this is a really good example of a simple custom figure with amazing results.

The important thing is to be creative and having a community to share your creations with helps with sparking ideas.

I don't build a lot of customs nor do I post pics, but simple modifications to vehicles count as custom - e.g. Swapping the turret on the V1 warthog with an updated turret. And also custom scenes like battles don't always need customs in them as the scene itself would be your own creation.

Good point 119. I posted a photo of NIGHT RIDER in my gallery. It's a simple black paint job to the M.B. MOTORBIKE BREAK OUT KIT. And I used a figure from a black ops with the dog. Only cause he's wearing a motorcycle helmet. It's a custom bike. Love it.

Return to “Custom builds & Modifications”