[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
WW II Figure Customization - Page 2 - Community

WW II Figure Customization

Tips & Tricks
Survivor11 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:23 pm
Rogue-Elite wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:21 pm
Survivor11 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:08 am

LEST WE FORGET

Using accurate historical symbols is a really good idea.
Just because someone, somewhere is going to get pissy at the idea of history, does not mean it shouldn't be used.
How to get banned 101 with Survivor11
No, I don't think the MCX mods are brain dead.
Go ahead try it

Harry Lee Poe wrote recently:

"The problem with symbols is that most symbols are not symbols at all. They are only signs. Symbols are rare because they have a universal character about them that people recognize across time and cultures.

C. S. Lewis observed that “What is good or happy has always been high like the heavens and bright like the sun.” Signs, on the other hand, have an arbitrary character that people assign to them. We could have used any colors on a traffic light."

Therefore, I think it is only common sense to stay away from "historical accurate" symbols in regards of minifig customs. If anybody NEEDS to be that fastidious, Maybe pick up military modeling as a hobby instead?

Of course, you can always do whatever you want.

Well, I'll just be called senile then in 80 years when the Nazis make a comeback and no one recognises them except me and the few other zoomers who remember what a swastika is and what it pertains to.

It's a bit extreme but these are extreme times.

So, please, LEST WE FORGET.

Survivor11 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:43 pm
Well, I'll just be called senile then in 80 years when the Nazis make a comeback and no one recognises them except me and the few other zoomers who remember what a swastika is and what it pertains to.

It's a bit extreme but these are extreme times.

So, please, LEST WE FORGET.

History is important and needs to be remembered.

However Leave the teaching to teachers, the *** swastika is considered a hate symbol and while used in the correct context (educational purposes) they are fine the *** swastika is not ok else where, this is the world we live in so get over it.

Return to “Custom builds & Modifications”