[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
WW II Figure Customization - Community

WW II Figure Customization

Tips & Tricks
Does anyone have any tips for painting WWII figures? I want to do a wash, as well as minor gun customization, and I was wondering what color should the wash be? Should I just hold off altogether? Thanks!

For a wash I would do a brown wash kinda like dirt as most others wouldn't look as good you could also paint the helmets.

Black/brown washes

Dark green/black/brown painted camo or face paint.

Painted emblems or helmets

Also, look at WW II uniforms and weapons for inspiration along with gallery posts.

i like the idea of ww2 customs i have done some in my many years and they have been my favorites. But if you over detail it tends to look a lot less realistic especially with US or British, or and country who used plain colors with no pattern. If you do *** Germans then its a whole different story, if you do germans i recommend that you look up the uniforms ( if you're a kid have a parent or a guardian help with this! ) I recommend you do anyway but its a good idea just to research it. It was easy for me when I started I lived near the US military museum at West Point and they had everything, so just research don't over do it but don't under do it!

THEranger01 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:33 pm
i like the idea of ww2 customs i have done some in my many years and they have been my favorites. But if you over detail it tends to look a lot less realistic especially with US or British, or and country who used plain colors with no pattern. If you do *** Germans then its a whole different story, if you do germans i recommend that you look up the uniforms ( if you're a kid have a parent or a guardian help with this! ) I recommend you do anyway but its a good idea just to research it. It was easy for me when I started I lived near the US military museum at West Point and they had everything, so just research don't over do it but don't under do it!

Offensive historical emblems are not recommended.

Flektarn is good in my book though

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:19 pm
THEranger01 wrote:

LEST WE FORGET

Using accurate historical symbols is a really good idea.
Just because someone, somewhere is going to get pissy at the idea of history, does not mean it shouldn't be used.

Survivor11 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:08 am
Rogue-Elite wrote:
THEranger01 wrote:

LEST WE FORGET

Just because someone, somewhere is going to get pissy at the idea of history, does not mean it shouldn't be used.
How to get banned 101 with Survivor11

@Rouge-Elite thanks bro i totally forgot about that!!!

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:21 pm
Survivor11 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:08 am
Rogue-Elite wrote:

LEST WE FORGET

How to get banned 101 with Survivor11
No, I don't think the MCX mods are brain dead.

Return to “Custom builds & Modifications”