[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Tips for Painting With Sharpie - Community

Tips for Painting With Sharpie

Tips & Tricks
Hey guys! I'd just like some tips on painting using a sharpie. Currently i have Emerald, Blue, Red, Bronze, Gold, Black, and Silver.
Any simple tips? My wash technique isn't exactly reliable.

This is the method I use for washes, provided by ArtfulConch:

Take a bottle cap, and fill it with water. Put a drop of dish soap in, and a drop of paint. The more paint you use, the darker it is. Mix it up and paint away.

Also, I use acrylic paint.

And I'd recommend for silver washes to make it a light wash.

Now, if you're interested in painting whole figures, I would stongly recomend paint pens. Those are what I use, and they are pretty inexpensive last I checked.

How do you apply a wash? And will it do anything different from the shoe polish weathering?

Kinda.

I put the paint on the brush and put it one the figure and use a rag to get it how I want it

i use A SMALL AMOUNT OF PAINT

If the paint is dripping = to much

As for your question not really but paint will dry fast

I’d just prefer not to use paint

If that's the case, due to my limited knowledge of Sharpie customs, I can't really help. Sorry 'bout that.

I painted my silver battle rifle with a sharpie and it came out pretty good. However, sharpie will not stick well and can be scratched off with ease.

Return to “Custom builds & Modifications”