[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Removing acrylic paint - Community

Removing acrylic paint

Tips & Tricks
I need to know how to remove acrylic paint off of a figure. It's not sealed.

Paint thinner or nail polish remover should work. Should.

Spartanz19 wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 12:11 am
I should recommend being careful with thinner. I never used it on a figure, but paint thinner has ruined 3 brushes. It gets in the plastic and turns it to mush.

Can it just be scrapped off?

Sometimes all you need is a bit of paper folded several times to use as a sanding block.

ArtfulConch wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 9:26 am
Spartanz19 wrote:
I should recommend being careful with thinner. I never used it on a figure, but paint thinner has ruined 3 brushes. It gets in the plastic and turns it to mush.
So you used a brush with thinner? I've never tried that, I just used an old rag and cleaned the paint off of my project.

Spartanz19 wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 2:17 pm
ArtfulConch wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 9:26 am
Spartanz19 wrote:
So you used a brush with thinner? I've never tried that, I just used an old rag and cleaned the paint off of my project.
I soak old brushes in thinner when I use enamel paint outside of mega customs. It gets enamel out of the brushes, but it also gets the plastic out...

So I put some figures in basic store brand window cleaner for about 2 days and it worked. I was able to get rid of about 85% of the paint. The only thing that was left was a little bit of the wash I did on them. You might try some window cleaner that has extra ammonia.

Return to “Custom builds & Modifications”