[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Spider-Man sets - Community

Spider-Man sets

Trip down memory lane...
Does anyone know much about the Spider-Man sets Mega did? I saw one on sale recently from Amazon: Oscorp Tower Battle. I took a chance in it, $21.12 with 414 pieces (reduced in Amazon warehouse deals). Looks like it has some useful transparent blue pieces, and maybe Spidey and the Turtles could team up in a crossover. And I foresee me doing something in the form of Spider-Man vs the Fly. Being an older set, I'm a bit concerned about quality, as I have hard it wasn't as good a few years ago.

I bought a really cheap, incomplete version of the same set from ebay.
The Spider-Man is better proportioned than the later figures and it has a separate peter Parker head which is good for a random 'normal' character. I've not messed with the set much itself but I understand the quality was not so high. I didn't notice anything particular though.

Looks like I won't be getting Spider-Man after all, when the items of my order shipped, Amazon said it couldn't send it due to availability. I guess it must have been an error and the didn't really have the set. And I had all my Spider-Man and TMNT crossover ideas building in my mind.

AiasOileus wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:13 am
Looks like I won't be getting Spider-Man after all, when the items of my order shipped, Amazon said it couldn't send it due to availability. I guess it must have been an error and the didn't really have the set. And I had all my Spider-Man and TMNT crossover ideas building in my mind.
I hate it when that happens, I shoot stills for video production (talking hobby here) and so I can relate to what you say about "ideas percolating" around a theme posed by a given form, and it is a bit frustrating to have the rug yanked out from under you like that.

Captian_Lukash wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:09 pm
AiasOileus wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:13 am
I hate it when that happens, I shoot stills for video production (talking hobby here) and so I can relate to what you say about "ideas percolating" around a theme posed by a given form, and it is a bit frustrating to have the rug yanked out from under you like that.
It sure is, but what can you do. Oh well.

Return to “Retired lines”