[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Community

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Trip down memory lane...
I thought since the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles section of the forums is gone now, I would start a Turtles topic here to use for any of your TMNT related comments and questions.

Other than the obvious statement of: I want this line back, I thought I'd start the conversation out like this:

List your favorite version of the turtles in comics, cartoons, and movies. Then say what your favorite is overall.

Comic: TMNT 1984-1993 volume 1 written by Eastman & Laird

Cartoon: original cartoon 1987-1996 (although the 2003 version wasn't bad as it did take more elements from the comic so that was cool)

Movie: the first TMNT movie from 1990 (but when I was a kid TMNT II the Secret of the Ooze was my favorite)

Because of the nostalgia of it all, Raph's witty jokes and 4th wall breaks, the original 1987 cartoon is my overall favorite, although I do wish they actually fought more, looking back on it, they seem to run from trouble if possible. But it had to be "kid friendly" and were it not for that first cartoon and the playmates toy line with it, the TMNT would have never became mainstream.

The TMNT line has been gone for some time, but that won't stop me from creating TMNT related things. The newest of which is my custom Channel 6 News Van.

https://www.megaconstrux.com/en-us/comm ... 6-news-van

https://www.megaconstrux.com/en-us/comm ... n-interior

Was the Technodrome an actual set, or did you custom make that?

JoeFilms wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:56 pm
Was the Technodrome an actual set, or did you custom make that?
It was an actual set. Although I thought about making my own. I still would love to make one, to proper scale, but that's unreasonable, as it would have to be approximately 4 feet in diameter. Dreams...

Maybe someday I'll make a Transport Module, or a Turtle Glider (and blimp). These two could possibly happen, if I figure out how to make them. Got to build them in my mind first to know what would be needed, and to know if it is even feasible to do in Mega Construx. I always want to keep my customs all Mega Construx so I can continue to share them here.

I actually like the turtles from the Heroes line. I like the E&L sculpts in color where before I believe those were only in black and white at first.

I don't like TMNT......

Just got all 4 comic turtles (had to make a Leo out of Raph and a toon Leo headband) and they are awesome! Would love to be able to find more sets, disappointed that I discovered these so late in the game.

The 2003 toon is about as close to a definitive take on the turtles as I can imagine, that one is far and away my favorite version.

Return to “Retired lines”