[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Please bring back Dragons and Command Ops - Community

Please bring back Dragons and Command Ops

Trip down memory lane...
I played with both of those lines vigorously as a child and would like to see new updated sets, with COD articulation, but the same color scheme idea, blue team, red team, desert, jungle and arctic, new articulation is a must, i liked the old style figures designs and would like to see a rehash including new head sculpt to help update, the series

I never had much of the Command Ops line, I think one set. But I vigorously collected the Dragons line growing up - it is what introduced me to, at the time, Mega Bloks.

I'll admit, I'd be curious to see Warfang versus Valheran in new articulation, I just fear it wouldn't be as popular. Looking at history, they had the World of Warcraft line, which given the source material should have been a decent draw, and it somewhat fizzled out. Licenses would likely be more popular than in-house lines I'd think - they could draw from fans of the license as well as Mega Construx fans.

You mentioned the desert/jungle/arctic, and I'm going to arguably say that Call of Duty, for the Command Ops line, was the spiritual successor in that regard. There's a lot of all three of those. Red team and blue team would be a bit trickier in that, while it makes sense for "training/simulation" style matchups, it's a bit less on the realism side.

But I also wouldn't mind seeing a Dragons return. Got a big bag of the figures collecting dust because of the old articulation and the brittleness of the hands.

Elemaster wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:46 am
I never had much of the Command Ops line, I think one set. But I vigorously collected the Dragons line growing up - it is what introduced me to, at the time, Mega Bloks.

I'll admit, I'd be curious to see Warfang versus Valheran in new articulation, I just fear it wouldn't be as popular. Looking at history, they had the World of Warcraft line, which given the source material should have been a decent draw, and it somewhat fizzled out. Licenses would likely be more popular than in-house lines I'd think - they could draw from fans of the license as well as Mega Construx fans.

You mentioned the desert/jungle/arctic, and I'm going to arguably say that Call of Duty, for the Command Ops line, was the spiritual successor in that regard. There's a lot of all three of those. Red team and blue team would be a bit trickier in that, while it makes sense for "training/simulation" style matchups, it's a bit less on the realism side.

But I also wouldn't mind seeing a Dragons return. Got a big bag of the figures collecting dust because of the old articulation and the brittleness of the hands.
What's popular, will be decided with time.... if they have faith in their consumers, and give us a reason to collect again people will show up in droves with little to no effort.......

To add, the WOW sets were too kiddish for me, at the time i was getting older and stopped collecting toys.... but even at the time looking at those in stores never made me interested, i still thought dragons was more cool and mature/ dark in thematic, it made me wonder why they even bother buying the license

I think WOW, was a downgrade, because it looked like playmobil and imaginex more... then megas iconic "darker" ideals that made them..... i had all those figures at one point so, im one to testify......

The dragons line was a gem. A re-done more realistic king arthur line would be great. More Knights, please!

Skrobes wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:41 pm
The dragons line was a gem. A re-done more realistic king arthur line would be great. More Knights, please!
I actually quit buying mega for awhile because of the king Arthur line, nothing personal just thought i would tell you a story from back then... Dragons was always peak.....i wish it never really went away, i hope you get your wish too!!

Return to “Retired lines”