[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Z19's General Discussion Room - Page 53 - Community

Z19's General Discussion Room

General news and information related to Mega Construx
nigelninja11 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:51 pm
TheArbiter25 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:29 pm
I'm curious why do you play halo if you don't like the main protagonist it's like saying I love suger but I hate sweet stuff
I don’t dislike him, don’t get me wrong, he’s one of the best characters in the history of pop culture, I just have other characters that I like more. I said he wasn’t in my top five, didn’t say not at all. Diesel will attest to the fact that I don’t really love the main characters of anything.

Also Survivor11 I see what you’re saying, but I’ll counter with how can we trust you because you approach things comparing it to Halo. Which is a bad idea cause as we all know Halo is the greatest game series ever, and everything else just about pales in comparison. :)

I approach games with the thought of:

“Am I having fun?”
“Is the story (if there is one) capturing my attention?”
“Is there a decent amount of good characters?”
“Would I recommend this to someone else?”

Does that make sense?
Yah

nigelninja11 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:51 pm
“Am I having fun?”
“Is the story (if there is one) capturing my attention?”
“Is there a decent amount of good characters?”
“Would I recommend this to someone else?”
That is some of the best criteria to judge a game by, the only other thing I would add is price.

JoeFilms wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:43 pm
To get an in-depth analysis on the Halo games and which are good or bad and why they are good or bad, I'd suggest you watch the videos made by The Act Man. He does a very good job describing them.
Pretty much this. He summs it up about right. Objectivly speaking halo 5 was terrible. In so many different ways. The one thing they got kinda right was that the multiplayer was pretty good. Which when compared to halo 4 could only be better.

Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:50 pm
JoeFilms wrote:
To get an in-depth analysis on the Halo games and which are good or bad and why they are good or bad, I'd suggest you watch the videos made by The Act Man. He does a very good job describing them.
Pretty much this. He summs it up about right. Objectivly speaking halo 5 was terrible. In so many different ways. The one thing they got kinda right was that the multiplayer was pretty good. Which when compared to halo 4 could only be better.
Probably why I like it so much. I play multiplayer WAY more than campaign.

nigelninja11 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:02 pm
Admiral-Sabree wrote:
JoeFilms wrote:
Ya that's fair. I mean if you haven't played the original halo games you would probably like halo 5. But halo 5's multiplayer has much to be desired. Good maps being the main one.

Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:27 pm
nigelninja11 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:02 pm
Admiral-Sabree wrote:

Ya that's fair. I mean if you haven't played the original halo games you would probably like halo 5. But halo 5's multiplayer has much to be desired. Good maps being the main one.
I’ve played every FPS halo. I still say that H5 has best multiplayer

nigelninja11 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:00 pm
I’ve played every FPS halo. I still say that H5 has best multiplayer
Halo 5 definately has fun multiplayer. Heck, I'd even say it has great multiplayer - but I wouldn't go so far as to say it has the best multiplayer. Here is my reasoning:

1. Halo 5's multiplayer doesn't really play like a Halo game. With the ground pound and thrusters and unlimited sprint, it's just not Halo. It's still fun, but it isn't what it's supposed to be (however, I would argue that Halo should keep the clamber aspect, because it makes it easier to access higher areas). But the unlimited sprint? It removes the need for a core part of Halo:

2. Vehicles. Halo was always different from other shooters, for who knows how many reasons, but one of those was the vehicles. Imagine how much lamer any Halo: C.E. through Reach map would be without them. It would just ruin it, because vehicles completely changed the way the game played. Halo 5's unlimited sprint removed the need for these, they're really only seen in Warzone. And Warzone is another issue of mine:

3. Warzone (REQ's). Warzone is such a great concept, but the REQ System and the way it works in the game mode ruins it in a way. Vehicles, weapons, and other things should be found on the map, not just aquired because you've been playing for fifteen minutes already and unlocked "Level 8 REQ's." I love Warzone, don't get me wrong, but the way weapons and vehicles spawn in greatly deteriorates the fun. I think the way power weapons and vehicles spawn in could have been handled in a much better way.

4. Map Design. Halo 5 just doesn't have enough good maps, and that's a fact. The Warzone maps, though massive, are all far too similar and basic. I just feel like there was a great amount of potential with all Halo 5 had to offer that wasn't tackled. And let's be real, a few Arena and Social maps are just reskins of each other. For example: There's one map on a spaceship, it's called something that begins with a "T," and there's a snowy version of it. The snow is basically the only difference, it's practically the same map. It plays no differently, and it's too basic. Battle Creek is less basic than it. My point is that most maps just have so much potential to be great, and it just wasn't fulfilled.

5. Splitscreen. Do I even need to explain the need for splitscreen? Halo practically invented 4-player splitscreen (I know, Goldeneye invented it, but Halo took it so far) and it's a real shame that when I have friends over to my place we can't all sit down and play some Halo 5 together. Imagine how fun it would be with splitscreen!

These are all the reasons I can think if off the top of my head, so there you have it. But at the end of the day, I still play a ton of Halo 5 multiplayer, and I would rate it only a small amount under the other games (but above Halo 4, multiplayer-wise). These are just my reasons why it isn't the best.

The sandbox is over stuffed and bloated to many duplicates.

And I can't stand the arena style maps none of them are ICONIC to me.

I will remember many of halo 3's, Reach's, halo ce's and even halo 4's maps until the day I die

I honestly never got into halo 2 (why it isn't on the list) halo 2 is over shadowed in my memory by halo 3 the same of odst.

Halo 5 forge is amazing I mean custom games may not have the reach feel but they are still great anyone else play on BigTimer's maps?

Return to “General discussion”