[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
What got you into Mega Construx? - Page 3 - Community

What got you into Mega Construx?

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Community Team
TheMegaContruxtors wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:27 pm
My aunt gifted me, brother, and cousin for Christmas each a Halo Mega Blocks (as they were called back then) set. That was in 2010. The sets were 2009. So I've basically been collecting since the Halo came out. An now I have prob over 150 figs (I have not counted yet) and the number keeps increasing.
Similar to Yan and Kevin, I got into Mega Bloks when I started working here! I remember actually having a few dragon themed sets way back when. I wouldn't say I was a fan back then, but do remember playing with them - they were sweeeet! I think working for the company has turned me into a fan. Not to toot our own horn, but we have had and HAVE some pretty awesome stuff coming up if I do say so myself!

-J

So, do multiple people use the MCX_Team account?

Murple wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:23 pm
It's a collection of ferrets in a suit! They all take turns at the keyboard!

RedThree wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:24 pm
Murple wrote:
Or gnomes. Can’t trust those beardy weirdos.

Murple wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:30 pm
RedThree wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:24 pm
Murple wrote:
Or gnomes. Can’t trust those beardy weirdos.
I'm gnot a gnelf. I'm gnot a gnoblin. I'm a gnome! And you've been gnomed!

Community Team
Murple wrote:
Nope, not for now!

MCX_Team wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:29 pm
Murple wrote:
Nope, not for now!
Thanks for clearing that up. The name of the account suggested multiple people but you were talking like 1 person, so I got a little confused.

When I was a wee lad, my younger cousins were very into halo and so they got a lot of the sets. I saw how cool they looked and even though I had never played Halo or really knew what it was, I wanted some of the sets. So for one Christmas my parents got me Aerial Ambush and it was AMAZING! Then I got some other sets but sadly, I went dormant when it came to Halo and MCX. I got into Pokemon and Fire Emblem, other Nintendo games and the competitor's Star Wars stuff. It was only when I got older(actually about a year ago) when I moved to my current residence. My friends had all the Halo games and they lived close by. So I started playing with them and really learning what Halo was and how much I loved it. That in turn made me remember my MCX and feel regretful that I had so few. So I started collecting Halo MCX and now I have a sizable collection(too big if you ask my parents).

So I guess, a BIG thank you to MCX for providing a means to play with Halo figures and really bring my imagination to life!

Nigel bought a blind bag and I had the pink Hermès which was the first female mega figure I’d ever seen, and it kinda escalated from there

Dieselgirl8 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:15 am
Nigel bought a blind bag and I had the pink Hermès which was the first female mega figure I’d ever seen, and it kinda escalated from there
I remember the old air assault Spartans I got three of em.

They were female and one was pink.

Return to “General discussion”