[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
The derailed thread - Page 3 - Community

The derailed thread

General news and information related to Mega Construx
nigelninja11 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:40 am
JoeFilms wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:37 pm
Oh, and you wanna know how filming went?

Just like the simulations.
Reality is nothing like the simulations...
Only the simulations are just like the simulations.

I watched Monuments Men yesterday. I liked it. It had it's funny and sad moments. Also saw Fury before that and loved it.

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:39 pm
Fury is inaccurate.
Yeah, I still liked it. But then again, I love anything to do with WW2 tanks and battles, so that could be a factor. Isn't Fury an Easy Eight? One of the ones good at killing Tigers?

RedThree wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:03 am
Rogue-Elite wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:39 pm
Fury is inaccurate.
Yeah, I still liked it. But then again, I love anything to do with WW2 tanks and battles, so that could be a factor. Isn't Fury an Easy Eight? One of the ones good at killing Tigers?
Yes the tank with the extended barrel is Fury.
Yet the movie as a whole is quite inaccurate and kinda stupid if you think of the tactics employed.

The 88 can kill a tiger but! The tiger was incompetent and you could use the excuse that he was inexperienced but I say no to that a tiger wouldn't be given to a inexperienced commander.

Heres whats wrong with the ambush scene.

So first off the tiger should have targeted the first then the last vehicle to trap them.

And obviously should have targeted the easy 8 being fury, it was known by the German tankers to target 88's because they could do alot more damage than a regular sherman.

But you know plot armor.

Not to mention when the shermans were repositioning the Tiger had plenty of time to destroy the threat and didn't need to get closer and what was the loader doing when fury was circling the tiger?

Hans! Are you taking a break that will get us killed?

And experienced loader can load a shell in less than ten seconds and its not like the gunner had to do much aiming.

Though the turret traverse speed on a tiger is poor fury was right there tiger!

Hans, load ze gun again. Hans? Hans? HANS!? Anytime now Hans! HANS! LOAD ZE-

I have no idea what you’re talking about so let’s just say a scorpion would destroy them all.

Murple wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:17 am
I have no idea what you’re talking about so let’s just say a scorpion would destroy them all.
Probably.
I searched the shell circumference of a Scorpion and it turns out they fire quite big rounds.

For an M808 its 100 mm and for an M820 it's 120 mm.

120mm on most modern tanks.

M808B uses a 90mm gun so does the M808

Some have a 105mm gun.

Return to “General discussion”