[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Do you keep built sets as they are? - Community

Do you keep built sets as they are?

General news and information related to Mega Construx
I apologize if this has been asked before but, How many of you keep their sets built as they come out of the box?

How many of you dismantle them for storage or use the pieces in other projects?

I personally try to keep them built, but storing them that way is not always possible and I don't really like mixing pieces from different sets.

Almost all of mine stay together. I have a gausshog i took a part and rebuilt, but not by much

I generally take off the terrain plates if they're not an integral part of the structural integrity of the set.

Other than that, all my sets stay together except when I build a custom, where I take them down, then later rebuild them after taking pictures.

It depends on how much I use the set. For example: I still have my Falcon from YEARS ago in one piece (aside from one of the the blades of the right propeller, but that was because of little cousins who came over while I was elsewhere), while my mongoose is not.

I honestly keep all my sets built if possible. I used to steal parts but I stopped doing that back with Iego. Its better to either buy a set for parts or dismantle the hole thing for parts. I need to go through my storage and re-arrange things. Get builds on top and boxes on the bottom/ throw out ones I don't need.

If the set's stock build is as perfect as I judge possible in bricks, then at least one example of it is added to the collection as is. More frequently I find the set lacking in detail or game accuracy. In this case I rebuild as necessary until it meets my standards at which point I add it to the collection. When a set offers a particularly useful assortment of block types I will attempt to buy it in quantity when it goes on clearout or can be obtained cheaply 2nd hand. These sets are broken up, sorted by color and part types, and eventually become the basis of my custom builds.

Everything is completely disassembled for Moc's

Return to “General discussion”