[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Signal-to-Noise Ratio on the MCX Gallery… - Community

Signal-to-Noise Ratio on the MCX Gallery…

General news and information related to Mega Construx
So I’m gonna be “that guy” ‘cuz well, I’m just that guy. Lately a few others have attempted to gently point out how cluttered the MCX Gallery has become with single pic posts of decidedly limited interest and creative merit. To be blunt many of these posts simply appear to be an excuse to win some sort of race to 100, 500, even a 1000 Gallery posts. You know who you are. The same folks that have effectively broken the Gallery’s filters by spamming every single pic submission with every theme and project category tag despite the majority of the tags being completely irrelevant. I’m sure that someone interested in Crystal Creatures really wants to be assailed by a zillion Halo and COD based meme pics…

The MCX Gallery has become a triumph of quantity over quality over the past couple of years. The end result seems to be that many of the users that once contributed the most compelling Gallery content have abandoned it. This makes me sad. There is even a recent (rather ironic) forum thread here where many of those most responsible for the spamming of the MCX Gallery are wondering why so many of the most interesting builders have disappeared. Folks when the submissions which members have clearly put some effort into are being drowned 50-to1 in a sea of limited interest, minimal effort spam… What did you think would happen?

So how about exercising a little self control in the Gallery? Perhaps refrain from posting a project until you have spent sufficient time working on it that you are actually proud of it. Only tag a gallery submission with the themes and project categories directly relevant to your effort. And restrict the endless flow of limited interest meme posts/pics to PMs on other sites or on a private Facebook page you invite your MCX Gallery buddies to.

Lets all work to make the MCX Gallery great again!

Web Team
We have something new rolling out this year which will help with categorizing projects.
Stay tuned....

Thank you for your patience.

WebTeam wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:25 am
We have something new rolling out this year which will help with categorizing projects.
Stay tuned....

Thank you for your patience.
Fantastic!

VinceHoffman wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:42 am
So I’m gonna be “that guy” ‘cuz well, I’m just that guy. Lately a few others have attempted to gently point out how cluttered the MCX Gallery has become with single pic posts of decidedly limited interest and creative merit. To be blunt many of these posts simply appear to be an excuse to win some sort of race to 100, 500, even a 1000 Gallery posts. You know who you are. The same folks that have effectively broken the Gallery’s filters by spamming every single pic submission with every theme and project category tag despite the majority of the tags being completely irrelevant. I’m sure that someone interested in Crystal Creatures really wants to be assailed by a zillion Halo and COD based meme pics…

The MCX Gallery has become a triumph of quantity over quality over the past couple of years. The end result seems to be that many of the users that once contributed the most compelling Gallery content have abandoned it. This makes me sad. There is even a recent (rather ironic) forum thread here where many of those most responsible for the spamming of the MCX Gallery are wondering why so many of the most interesting builders have disappeared. Folks when the submissions which members have clearly put some effort into are being drowned 50-to1 in a sea of limited interest, minimal effort spam… What did you think would happen?

So how about exercising a little self control in the Gallery? Perhaps refrain from posting a project until you have spent sufficient time working on it that you are actually proud of it. Only tag a gallery submission with the themes and project categories directly relevant to your effort. And restrict the endless flow of limited interest meme posts/pics to PMs on other sites or on a private Facebook page you invite your MCX Gallery buddies to.

Lets all work to make the MCX Gallery great again!
Bravo, Vince! Bravo! I may be a newer user, but I know what you have been talking about. I've been here for almost a year, and I still haven't reached 100 posts. I'm still at post #71!

... Simek, He's talking about you, although somewhat mislead.
... And also Nigel, Murple, Ratss, all the newer guys, possibly Ceta, WhoThCares, I think he's referring to me too, although the number of 1 pic posts I have made can be counted on the fingers of one hand and I really do not care about the number of posts I have considering I don't celebrate my "milestones". I think I'm somewhere between 200 and 300 or something like that.

JoeFilms, Nato, Sabree, Jason, Vince, Ebomb, and technically me and Simek too, all have the right to complain about this legitimately, and I have done so in the past.
You can find the storm that created somewhere in the forums.

Survivor11 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:42 pm
JoeFilms, Nato, Sabree, Jason, Vince, Ebomb, and technically me and Simek too, all have the right to complain about this legitimately, and I have done so in the past.
I believe you are missing someone on that list. Also I wholeheartedly agree with you Vince!

Survivor11 wrote:
... And also Nigel, Murple, Ratss, all the newer guys, possibly Ceta, WhoThCares, I think he's referring to me too, although the number of 1 pic posts I have made can be counted on the fingers of one hand and I really do not care about the number of posts I have considering I don't celebrate my "milestones". I think I'm somewhere between 200 and 300 or something like that.

Once again, my posts are single photo, but good quality.

Uhh

muto12

I don't post that often lol.

Nigel has good posts

Survivor11 wrote:

Well, I don't know where you fit me into his statement. I have been here for a year with like 2 one picture posts, and I'm only at post #71, as I said. I also include only the tags that pertain to my posts, so I don't know how you categorize me in here.

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:40 pm
Uhh

muto12

I don't post that often lol.

Nigel has good posts
Thanks bud!

Return to “General discussion”