[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Community Update 20/07/17 - Community

Community Update 20/07/17

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Community Team
It’s time for another edition of our weekly community update thread.

SDCC NEWS

SDCC is coming up. This year, the convention is going to be a virtual event and we have a few things lined up.

First, we’ve announced the limited-edition Master Chief Collection, featuring six micro action figures of the Chief in different versions of his iconic armour. I was going to post it on the gallery, but someone else beat me to it. Check it out below:

The product will be available for purchase on July 23 at 9am PST on the Mattel Creations Instagram account. It’s $20 (US dollars), ships internationally, and there’s a limit of 3 units per order.

Other things to look forward to during SDCC weekend: Our very own toy designer Mia will be giving an inside look at our Halo line on the Comic-Con YouTube channel (July 23, 11am PST), and participating in a panel discussion (July 24, 1pm PST). We’ll also be hosting a Q&A with Kevin on our Instagram page. Check our social channels for updates.

PODCAST INTERVIEW

I had a really good chat with the guys at Builds with Blocks, a podcast dedicated to Mega Construx Halo sets. Some of the topics we covered include the new Halo line, how the different teams collaborate on product development, and distribution (my favourite).

The full interview is over an hour and the episode will be live this Sunday on Spotify, Apple Podcasts and YouTube. We’ll link to it from our social channels.

GALLERY HIGHLIGHTS

Pretty much all of CANiNYC’s projects on the gallery are great, but this week I want to highlight two of them.

This recreation of a scene from Halo CE looks is very cinematic. It’s a perfect freeze-frame capture of an action scene from multiple angles.

Last week, I featured a jacked-up bigger Warthog from Brickman117. Now here’s a cute mini-Warthog from CANiNYC.

I always love it when I see users inspiring each other with creative ideas. That’s exactly what the gallery is for. Here’s a good example of that, with TacticalSponge’s custom turret for the Hornet, followed by HaloODST59’s version.

Finally, I’ve been enjoying this bit of silliness from Cola1. This is part 4, so click on their profile to see the full story. Curious where this is headed.

Thanks for another great update, Yan!
It was great getting to talk to you and we are all excited for everyone to hear the episode.

I can't get enough of that mini 'hog.

Just to clarify: will I need to make an Instagram account to get the SDCC exclusive?

EDIT: Can you just explain the whole buying process on Instagram? I don’t have an account (and I don’t want one) but I’d be willing to make one for this. A quick search told me about Checkout, is that what’s being used? What’s shipping going to look like?

Community Team
Quick correction: the SDCC exclusive goes on sale at 9am PST (not pm). I fixed it in the post, but just in case you saw an earlier version.
Murple wrote: Just to clarify: will I need to make an Instagram account to get the SDCC exclusive?

EDIT: Can you just explain the whole buying process on Instagram? I don’t have an account (and I don’t want one) but I’d be willing to make one for this. A quick search told me about Checkout, is that what’s being used? What’s shipping going to look like?
I'm not sure of the exact logistics. Let me reach out to the Mattel Creations team for answers.

Yan_MCX wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:23 pm
Quick correction: the SDCC exclusive goes on sale at 9am PST (not pm). I fixed it in the post, but just in case you saw an earlier version.
Murple wrote: Just to clarify: will I need to make an Instagram account to get the SDCC exclusive?

I'm not sure of the exact logistics. Let me reach out to the Mattel Creations team for answers.
Thank you!

Huh, I didn't know mods read the comics.

Hahah, sorry about that, thanks for using my post though!

Hopefully I can get my hands on the limited-edition Master Chief Collection in time. Thanks for letting me know about the news!

Oh my gosh I can’t believe it! I’m so grateful that you featured my comic. This is so awesome!!! Thank you for another community update.

Return to “General discussion”