[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
The Informal Gallery Quality Of Life Rules List - Community

The Informal Gallery Quality Of Life Rules List

General news and information related to Mega Construx
It seems like there has been a lot of confusion about the informal rules that the members of the gallery have set for themselves to make everyone's lives easier, and some people have stated that since the rules aren't written down, they're meaningless and too hard to remember. This is the topic for everyone to discuss, add to, and change our informal rules list. Note: These are not official gallery rules from Mega (although the official rules are included silently in this list), but these are the rules that we on the gallery have collectively agreed to adhere to. I have also added a bit of an explanation to each one to help clarify any inconsistencies. I've been out of the loop for a while, so feel free to add any new rules I've missed or tell me to remove old rules that we no longer follow. Without further ado, here is the official list of informal gallery rules (that I can remember, anyway):
  • 1. No spam. This means no more than two posts per day unless it's high quality, unique content like high effort customs, stop motions, or MOCs. I don't mean that content has to be well made or "titan" quality, it just has to be something that everyone else couldn't do with two minutes and a potato camera. Not that I'm calling anyone out here, but that means not filling the entire first page of the gallery with almost identical pictures. We do this so that other people's content gets a chance at the spotlight as well as our own. It's not that hard to wait a day to post again, and you can always comment on other people's posts.

2. Make reference to the Gallery Contest Planning Forum (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5220) before announcing contests. This also cuts down on the gallery spam, and fewer contests equals more community participation in those contests. Even if someone has reserved the time slot you want for your contest, 9 times out of 10 they'll either share their slot with you or squeeze you in somehow if your contest is different enough from the other ones going on.

3. No reposting content without credit. This isn't really an issue here, but it's still an unspoken rule.

4. This gallery exists for all of us to have fun showing off out Mega Bloks/Construx. You can't "win" the gallery, because it isn't a contest. This isn't a rule. It's an objective fact.

5. The gallery is a democracy. We all get a say in how it's run as long as it's run within the MCX company rules. That's why this is an evolving rules list. As we decide on new rules or decide to remove old ones, the unofficial rules list will be updated to match.

6. Ask the story's creator before making changes to their story. To use myself as an example, if you want to make a 405th Outlander Battalion figure or story post, check my 405th figure design guide (that I still need to post). If the figure/story you want to make is not allowed for under the list, ask me about it and I'll probably say yes. The same goes for other community story projects like Wasteland or the specific war that was fought over a particular type of foliage.
Let me know if I've forgotten any, and I'll add them. Also, if I've put any that we got rid of, let me know and I'll remove them. Also, we need to make a new user glossary so that new users can know what the older members mean by words like "titan" and why we don't talk about a certain type of foliage. If someone else wants to make that, since I've done both the contest planning forum and now the informal rules forum, that would be great.

A. watch as ge0b0x takes all of this personally and starts hatting on you. ( i know its misspelled for a reason)
B. I agree to all of this shlub. Great work!
C. the foliage that shall not be named. i guess people *cough* shrubbed*cough that off.

Bmatt123 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:19 am
A. watch as ge0b0x takes all of this personally and starts hatting on you. ( i know its misspelled for a reason)
Would someone care me to clue me in on what everyone's deal with this guy is and what all the drama is about? I have been out of the loop for a few years and I don't really pay attention to this site.

It's a nice thought, but these rules are completely unenforceable. The people who this is meant for will simply ignore it and there's nothing anyone can do to prevent that.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:55 pm
TheGenericSchlub wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:29 pm
Would someone care me to clue me in on what everyone's deal with this guy is and what all the drama is about?
He's our latest resident troll. He started a war "contest" that wasn't a contest (ignoring our contest system in the process), made fun of people for not understanding the rules that he never explained, spammed comments about his war on unrelated posts, harassed other users, lied about when he was going to end it, outright stated that he wasn't going to let other people win, etc. It got to the point that a bunch of people quit the site, specifically citing Geo as the reason why... which he then made a point of bragging about.

And now he thinks he's the people's chosen leader of the gallery because his name and posts are on the community highlights list. He thinks because he's spammed so many posts he's somehow allowed to set his own rules and belittle or bully anyone who doesn't do as he says. The whole thing is a petty power trip.
TacticalSponge wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:33 pm
It's a nice thought, but these rules are completely unenforceable. The people who this is meant for will simply ignore it and there's nothing anyone can do to prevent that.
Alas, this is true. Geo and his lackeys like to pretend the forum half of the website doesn't exist (which is made harder by the fact that it's harder to find the forums these days).
You know, it baffles me that Moderation allows a lot of what he posts in the comments to actually get through. I'm positive if I or anyone else did the same thing, the comments wouldn't go through. Moderation has gone ahead and deleted a few comments but otherwise, they still let this stuff through.

Return to “General discussion”