[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Forums closing - Page 2 - Community

Forums closing

General news and information related to Mega Construx
I hate saying this Yan, but alot of members dont have the ability to use Discord or other social medias. i get its been slow on the forums, but at the very least, leave the page, but lock them so you cant make new threads and comments?

This immensely saddens me.

I have so many memories from here. Thousands of pages. Binge-reading Red-Three’s Fireteam Glory on a long road trip, catching up on Imperial Campaign so I can start writing for it, the bush and shrub and fern threads, Survivor11 (gallery’s equivalent of thanos), and of course the Wasteland Official Forum.

Hundreds of pages, thousands of messages.

I’ve spent hours here, reading and sharing content with dozens of dedicated, hardworking people.

I sincerely hope that at minimum this place is archived, and remains accessible to us.

Please.

Wow uh... I don't really know what to say. I mean, I grew up on these forums, I'm an adult now and honestly this community saw me through most of my teenage years which is weird how writing a silly little comic about a time-travelling orc can change your whole life for the better. I'm not very active in the Mega community anymore, hey, maybe if I was still around in the community the forums wouldn't be closing, I don't know. But sadly they are and with them goes some of the best memories that I've had with anyone on the internet. I've met some of my best friends through this community, that I still stay in touch with every day and my friendship with them goes far beyond just telling stories with Halo figures.

I think it's important that we all thank Mega Construx for what they've done over the years, maintaining these forums and giving us all a place to connect and meet each other, and to thank each other for creating this community of likeminded people. I'll always remember my time in the Mega community (which was from 2016-2019 for the most part) as some of the best in my life thus far. It's weird to say that pieces of plastic can bring people together like how it brought people together on these forums, but here we are...

Some of you that are hanging around these forums I may never see again, and that's sad. In some ways I wish I'd spent more time on here in the last year, but I guess this is how things go. Thanks again for all the memories, Mega. I'll always look back on this place fondly. See you round.

Praise Me Jeff!

-Charlie

SrgtGreen wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:56 pm
This immensely saddens me.

I have so many memories from here. Thousands of pages. Binge-reading Red-Three’s Fireteam Glory on a long road trip, catching up on Imperial Campaign so I can start writing for it, the bush and shrub and fern threads, Survivor11 (gallery’s equivalent of thanos), and of course the Wasteland Official Forum.

Hundreds of pages, thousands of messages.

I’ve spent hours here, reading and sharing content with dozens of dedicated, hardworking people.

I sincerely hope that at minimum this place is archived, and remains accessible to us.

Please.
This. Hopefully they'll at least archive the forum, I have a lot of content on here that isn't otherwise accessible to people that don't have a copy of my laptop's hard drive

charliebucket wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:03 pm
Wow uh... I don't really know what to say. I mean, I grew up on these forums, I'm an adult now and honestly this community saw me through most of my teenage years which is weird how writing a silly little comic about a time-travelling orc can change your whole life for the better. I'm not very active in the Mega community anymore, hey, maybe if I was still around in the community the forums wouldn't be closing, I don't know. But sadly they are and with them goes some of the best memories that I've had with anyone on the internet. I've met some of my best friends through this community, that I still stay in touch with every day and my friendship with them goes far beyond just telling stories with Halo figures.

I think it's important to that we all thank Mega Construx for what they've done over the years, maintaining these forums and giving us all a place to connect and meet each other, and to thank each other for creating this community of likeminded people. I'll always remember my time in the Mega community (which was from 2016-2019 for the most part) as some of the best in my life thus far. It's weird to say that pieces of plastic can bring people together like how it brought people together on these forums, but here we are...

Some of you that are hanging around these forums I may never see again, and that's sad. In some ways I wish I'd spent more time on here in the last year, but I guess this is how things go. Thanks again for all the memories, Mega. I'll always look back on this place fondly. See you round.

Praise Me Jeff!

-Charlie
agreed. I've made friends through this site, and i message them regularly. this site helped me through quartines and lock downs.

Well, I guess I gotta get in the discord now.

Man its sad to see this place go. This was the first place I ever went to talk to friends. Then I found out about the discord and I found out even more of the legends on here were there as well. I've made many friends and this forum will always be remembered fondly

Community Team
Just a few quick notes as I'm reading the responses.

Discord will never be the only way we interact with fans. It's one of many channels we use. The gallery is still around and there will be other options I'm not ready to talk about yet.

I don't think this decision can be reversed, but I'm reading all the feedback and will mull it over this weekend.

Well if the forums will be deleted welp... you know you can find me on Discord or Instagram... Don't expect to see a comment from me in the Gallery since I hardly ever visit it and it's very possible that I'll never post again in Unboxed (It's not I don't want to, it's something a little more personal).

If there really will be closure then I'll stay here until the last day to talk to you guys and also take screenshots of some of my favorite moments here.

Return to “General discussion”