[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS: Sets, Characters, Packs, Brands etc.. - Community

IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS: Sets, Characters, Packs, Brands etc..

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Just a place to suggest new mega bloks themes (Licensed or MB original)
Here's an idea that I think would make a lot of money of MB:
A roman theme maybe a licensed Ryse: son of Rome theme or something original which could use ideas from the game e.g. Praetorian guard armor, a hero with a unique set of armor, etc.

How about Lara Croft Tomb raider, or GTA. combine that with Hot Wheels, and that would give all kind of civvie action, not to mention cool city and/or ancient ruin type scenery. As for being children's toys, kids don't read instructions mostly. Every kid I have ever met had nothing but a big box of "[competitor]". Even my own son has only wanted to play with the figs since we started getting Mega Bloks (I miss Marvel) about 5 years ago. That and demolishing the scenery I build.

67mustang wrote:
> How about Lara Croft Tomb raider, or GTA. combine that with Hot Wheels, and
> that would give all kind of civvie action, not to mention cool city and/or
> ancient ruin type scenery. As for being children's toys, kids don't read
> instructions mostly. Every kid I have ever met had nothing but a big box of
> "[competitor]". Even my own son has only wanted to play with the figs
> since we started getting Mega Bloks (I miss Marvel) about 5 years ago. That
> and demolishing the scenery I build.
Some good ideas there, the GTA theme would be a good theme for collectors or just good for people who want civilian based sets (all they'd have to do would be to remove the guns).
And the new style of figures is why I'd prefer MB to do a Rome theme rather than [competitor] I mean I have a [competitor] roman centurion from the minifigure line and it's just so boring all it can do is swing a sword straight up and down (and raise a shield straight up and down if you equip him with a shield).

I would like to see a line of buildable "giant" robots (like Shogun Warriors or some other anime style mechs) using the type of joints that are used in the Power Ranger Mega Zords. In my mind these would basically be articulated skeletons that the armor and accessories can be built on for additional customization.
It would also be nice if these robots came with pilots (using the new articulation of course) that could be put into cockpits in the robots.
If a licensed line is needed to make this happen there are Gundam Series and Pacific Rim that could be used.

omegabob wrote:
> I would like to see a line of buildable "giant" robots (like
> Shogun Warriors or some other anime style mechs) using the type of joints
> that are used in the Power Ranger Mega Zords. In my mind these would
> basically be articulated skeletons that the armor and accessories can be
> built on for additional customization.
> It would also be nice if these robots came with pilots (using the new
> articulation of course) that could be put into cockpits in the robots.
> If a licensed line is needed to make this happen there are Gundam Series
> and Pacific Rim that could be used.

Cool ideas

I too have always wanted buildable giant robots.
Closest I have ever seen from Mega Bloks where these...

https://www.megabloks.com/en-us/shop/co ... toys/kapow

I also like the idea of Lara Croft Tomb raider. I can imagine some great sets.

I know I've mentioned in a separate thread here that I'd like to see a revival of Blok Bots or the Warriors Future/Night Force lines. Buildable robots and/or mechs are always fun. Having machines designed to fight each other, or beasts and monsters is always appealing as well. Perhaps a re-jiggering of the Dragons Universe line were there are more mechs and tanks vs dragons.

Of course, suggesting licenses always gets dicey for a variety of reasons. But given a choice I'd like to see some sets based on the shared Alien/Predator universe. This would probably be WAY too similar to Halo to really work though. Other stuff in that same lineage I'd love to see would be something based on Starship Troopers (the book, but the movie would be great too) but again, in the same general ballpark as Halo.

And I'm surprised nobody has suggested a steampunk theme. These sorts of threads always include a suggestion of steampunk. Now, I'd enjoy that as a theme, but I'd much rather have something with a dieselpunk theme. For any theme to be successful or have longevity it needs structures and vehicles, and dieselpunk is chock-a-block full. If you're not familiar with it, give it a Google image search, you won't be sorry.

67mustang wrote:
> How about Lara Croft Tomb raider, or GTA. combine that with Hot Wheels, and
> that would give all kind of civvie action, not to mention cool city and/or
> ancient ruin type scenery. As for being children's toys, kids don't read
> instructions mostly. Every kid I have ever met had nothing but a big box of
> "[competitor]". Even my own son has only wanted to play with the figs
> since we started getting Mega Bloks (I miss Marvel) about 5 years ago. That
> and demolishing the scenery I build.

GTA has potential to be handled well despite it's typically more 'mature' audiences. It could easily be turned into a city line filled with cool Police Vehicles, and lots of cops and robbers material. Plus, with the plethora of Downloadable Content still being created for the game, it does have the potential to be fairly long-lasting. I for one would love a good model ambulance made of Mega Bloks for a city display. :)

I would LOVE a Mega Bloks Universal Monsters or at least Monster Hunter type of line. Have monsters with their buidlable environments and Hunters with vehicles and such...
Draculas Castle
Frankensteins Lab
Wolfman with a forest scene
etc.

saintsyn wrote:
> I would LOVE a Mega Bloks Universal Monsters or at least Monster Hunter
> type of line. Have monsters with their buidlable environments and Hunters
> with vehicles and such...
> Draculas Castle
> Frankensteins Lab
> Wolfman with a forest scene
> etc.

I hate to say it but another brand tried something similar to this and it failed. Personally I would be all for a were-creature line (wolves, cats, etc.).

Return to “General discussion”