[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Comic Index - Update 03/12/2022 - Page 13 - Community

Comic Index - Update 03/12/2022

Tell your own story!
Bmatt123 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:38 pm
I went through the very long list of comics. I felt that you need to put z19 under "left so no more comics or incomplete".
I also found that you missed my very first and only comic so far. I didnt name it then but its name is now "lost in war". I will go back and rename the series.

im thinking about picking up the idea of a freelancer comic like texas did. Any advice on that?
Fixed. As for your comic idea it depends on what you want to do. You mentioned freelancers so I imagine you would want a more character focused story. Make sure each character is fleshed out, give them personalities, explore how they interact with each other and how they respond to different situations, etc. You could do something simple like a 'monster of the week' series where there's a new enemy or something for your characters to tackle with each new episode without having to worry too much about writing a complex story. If you plan on having the same core cast for the whole comic I'd spend a bit of time at the beginning to establish the characters and make sure each one is interesting visually and readily identifiable at a glance.
If you want to tell a longer story I recommend getting the broad story strokes planned out and maybe a script too before you start shooting photos so you're not just making stuff up as you go. It was pretty common in the past for people to burn out and abandon their works due to having too many characters to focus on or not knowing where to take their stories so be mindful of those. Both NatoGreavesy and AgentHellion have experience with writing long stories so they know a lot more about this than me.
Another thing to think about is your set(s) and lighting. There have been a few comics in the past I've found difficult to follow because every scene is shot in the same place with the same background. Proper lighting is very important for setting the tone of a scene as well. Not everything needs to be built with MCX so don't worry about having to dump tons of money into this project.
Editing is another huge thing. You can do stuff like energy shields, explosions, plasma weapons, there are all kinds of special effects that you wouldn't be able to do otherwise and it really helps to convey motion via blurring. Gimp is free and is what I used to use but there are other programs out there.
Basically plan ahead and make your comic interesting to look at. Give your characters depth so people care when stuff happens to them. Don't be afraid of failure either, learn from your mistakes and improve on them. Oh and also make sure your speech balloons are in the proper order. If you have to number them you did something wrong.

Thank you! im still thinking through the story but ill get it done soon.

Bmatt123 wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:13 pm
Thank you! im still thinking through the story but ill get it done soon.
Cool, can't wait to read it.

TacticalSponge wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:26 am
Both NatoGreavesy and AgentHellion have experience with writing long stories so they know a lot more about this than me.
You would be alarmed by how much of my comics I make up as I go along.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:36 pm
TacticalSponge wrote:
Both NatoGreavesy and AgentHellion have experience with writing long stories so they know a lot more about this than me.
Really? yours always seem fleshed out

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:36 pm
TacticalSponge wrote:
I see a fellow comic maker who does things along like I do. Although I never expected to hear that from you.

TacticalSponge wrote:
I storyboard most of my stories, to help me keep a tight nit continuity and keep track of story elements. Of course I had to cancel some story ideas due lack of resources or it being to overly ambitious.

Another tiny update, added 'Armorus Chronicles' by AgentHellion.

The last requests from me, you can add Broken memory as a completed story in the Welcome to Reach line. And that I will continue all the Welcome to Reach and Wastelanders stories on another page. Possibly on Discord.

Muto112 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:12 pm
The last requests from me, you can add Broken memory as a completed story in the Welcome to Reach line. And that I will continue all the Welcome to Reach and Wastelanders stories on another page. Possibly on Discord.
Yeah, I can do that.
Edit: Done.

Return to “Roleplay & Fanfiction”