[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Fireteam Glory - Page 142 - Community

Fireteam Glory

Tell your own story!
This is great Red!

This is how I’d treat 3rd degree burns all up my arm:

1. Bio foam

2. MORPHINE Lots of morphine!

SrgtGreen wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 7:04 pm
This is great Red!

This is how I’d treat 3rd degree burns all up my arm:

1. Bio foam

2. MORPHINE Lots of morphine!
Yeah this one took a bit longer because I was trying to research burns and how they're dealt with. Hopefully I did it okay but I'm not a doctor so I probably made some mistakes with how I approached the subject!

Also, 141 has been edited with some slight revisions.

> I go AWOL for months.

> Result: still not sure if Red is caught up yet.

Survivor11 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 12:04 pm
> I go AWOL for months.

> Result: still not sure if Red is caught up yet.
yeah

Fireteam Glory Part 142

Delilah Morocco, captain of the UNSC frigate Afternoon, stared out of an observation window at the shattered remains of her vessel’s hull. The ship was scarred by gashes melted in the titanium-A armor plating, gaping wounds that had condemned many members of her brave crew to a quick death in the cold, unforgiving vacuum of space. It stung a little to see the ship in such a bad condition, it had held on just long enough for her to navigate them to dock with the Addis Ababa, one of the surviving orbital defense platforms. The battle was still raging, the distant flickers of plasma torpedoes and missile detonations told her that much. According to the most recent updates, most of the Covenant fleet that had dropped out of Slipspace near Io was destroyed now. The stragglers were putting up fierce resistance and one assault carrier had made it to the surface, holding position over New Mombasa. Surface reports she had managed to read in the brief time she was aboard the station told her that the UNSC was beginning to push back the initial attack made by the Covenant ship. She didn’t hadn’t seen anything regarding the UNSC forces on Luna or Mars, but she hoped they were holding out. Looking back to her ship, she felt a stab of disappointment at her inaction while the rest of the fleet tore into the Covenant. But she recognized that her crew was battered and weary from the first battle. They needed to rest, she knew that. But it didn’t put her feeling of restlessness at ease.
Stepping away from the window, she turned and walked down a flight of stairs before turning down the hallway that led to the medical bay. Some of her crew had been in critical condition when they docked, with many more suffering from various minor injuries. There was an effort underway to transport the injured to a medical facility on the surface and she figured they could use any help they could get. Squads of marines ran past her in formation, armed to repel Covenant boarders should they try to destroy the station from within. Both the Athens and the Malta had been taken out by those means and the security forces aboard the Addis Ababa didn’t feel like taking any chances that the same could happen to them. She quickly stepped out of the way of another patrol, saluting simultaneously with the soldiers. Several of the faces in the squad she recognized from the Afternoon’s initial arrival on the station, helping carry the casualties and aiding in rescuing trapped personnel. Her respect for those brave men and women was unmeasurable. Arriving at the medical bay, she found the doctor in charge going over a data pad with another doctor.
The lead doctor, Dr. Saxon Traynor, saw her come in and offered a greeting. “Hello Captain!” he said in a well-mannered tone. “What can I do for you?”
“Could you update me on the status of my crew? Especially those that were critically injured?” Delilah asked. “And where is Captain Jules?”
Dr. Traynor smiled and typed something into his data pad. “You’ll be pleased to hear that all of your crew members are going to make full recoveries. We had a few close calls, but we pulled through. Captain Jules is currently being tested to see if his head injury has impaired him at all, but as soon as he’s done I’ll let you see him.”
“I understand, thank you Dr. Traynor.” Delilah said as she looked around the medical bay. “If it’s alright, I think I’ll speak with some of my crew.”
Dr. Traynor didn’t object, so she walked deeper into the bay. She stopped at every bed that she recognized or where she heard her name called. Every single one of the patients thanked her for holding the ship together and she thanked them for making it happen with their skill. Some of the crew were taking the loss of friends aboard the ship hard, but they seemed to improve when Delilah stopped to talk and offer condolences. Before long, Jules had been dismissed from his testing and she quickly met with him.
“Delilah? Glad to see you!” Jules said with glee. “You aren’t hurt are you?”
Delilah smiled. “I’m fine, what about you?”
Jules lightly tapped his forehead, which was now bandaged. “The doctors said I’ll be fine, just a couple of lacerations that should heal within a few weeks. Might need to get treatment for the scars but other than that I’m in great shape. Just wish I could say the same for our crews.” He sullenly looked around as he spoke.
“Me too, Jules.” Delilah said, putting her hand on his shoulder. “But Dr. Traynor told me that everyone who survived the battle will recover.”
Jules breathed a sigh of relief. “That makes me happy to hear. Maybe we should see if we can help in the command center?”
“You rest, Jules,” Delilah said as she guided him to an unoccupied bed. “I’ll go up and see, then come back here to let you know.”
Jules sat down on the edge of the bed. “Alright, thank you Delilah. That gives me time to call my husband and see how he’s doing.” He took out his personal COM pad and began dialing. “Hope he’s alright, see you soon Jules!” She shouted as she quickly departed for the command center. As she ran down the platform’s outer ring towards the command center, Delilah recalled a few details about Jules and his husband. “He’s a lieutenant colonel in the Army, stationed in the URNA too, so he must not have seen combat yet. Good, Jules will be glad to know he’s safe.”
Suddenly, the platform’s alarms began to blare. Delilah felt a chill crawl up her spine as she picked up the pace and ran onto the bridge of the command center. She found the commanding officer and asked her what was going on.
“The assault carrier over New Mombasa just jumped into Slipspace,” the officer quickly said as she moved to coordinate the platform’s crew, “and a second, much larger Covenant fleet just showed up on scans! They're heading for Earth right now!"
"That's not good..." Delilah said as she began running back to the medical bay. If the new Covenant fleet was on its way to the surface, they would likely try go through the nearby hole in the orbital defense grid left by the destruction of the Athens and the Malta. The Cairo platform wouldn’t be able to fend them all off, and the Addis Ababa would be right in the Covenant’s sights if they moved to back the Cairo up. She wanted to ensure that the injured would be off of the platform so that it could safely engage the alien ships. Returning to the bay, she found that the evacuation effort had already picked up speed. Medical staff were helping patients to the hangars and onto waiting transports.
“Dr. Traynor!” Delilah shouted as she ran up to him. “Anything I can do to help get my crew out of here?”
Traynor nodded and quickly pointed her to some of the still-recovering crew. “We could use some help moving them out of here, the staff is spread thin already.”
Delilah began assisting the medics move patients, starting by lifting a stretcher with a man who had broken his leg laying on it. “Don’t worry folks, we’ll get you all out of here!” She hoped she would be right.
She spotted Jules helping as well, so when they finished carrying their first patients to the waiting Albatross transports she caught up with him.
“Hey, how is he?” she asked, seeing the concern on his face.
Jules smiled a little. “He’s fine, but his unit is preparing to mobilize so he couldn’t talk for too long. I hope he’ll be okay down there.” He looked worried, and she didn't blame him.
Delilah tried to offer some reassurance. “He will be, he’s tough. We had better hurry up, Covenant reinforcements are on their way towards us and we need to make sure this station can engage without worrying about our wounded crew."
Jules nodded with determination in his eyes. “Wish we could be out there in the fight, but this'll do for now! Let's go!"
“Agreed!” Delilah shouted as they ran back to the medical bay.

Part 142 has received a few edits to dialogue.

It’s that time of year that my feeble mind attempts to recall who everyone is and what everyone’s doing.

Well I just got around to reading this. Incredible, as always.
I like the new perspective on the battle.

Still great as always!

Fireteam Glory Part 143

The evacuation of both the Greensboro and Afternoon’s entire crews had been swift, with multiple Pelicans and Albatrosses docking and launching at the same time. Delilah watched as the last Pelican disembarked for the surface, satisfied knowing her crew was out of the Covenant’s reach. Jules came to her side, smiling like he usually did.
“That was great work,” he said proudy, “c’mon, our transport is on its way to take us down to the surface as well.”
The alarms onboard the orbital defense platform continued to blare, but so far ships from the Second Fleet had been able to stave off the Covenant’s reinforcement fleet. Delilah started to walk with Jules to the docking bay where their ship would land when the entire station began to quake.
“All hands brace for impact!” the commanding officer’s voice shouted over the PA system. “Covenant boarding craft attempting to lock with the station. I need security teams in Hangar A-02 now!”
“We’re in A-01,” Delilah thought to herself, “the Covenant will be in the hangar right next to us!” She looked over at the bulkhead leading to A-02, just in time it began to glow a fiery orange as sparks leapt onto the floor of the hangar.
Several of the marines nearby began to get into a defensive formation, aiming their weapons at the door. Delilah saw a weapon rack in the wall nearby and directed Jules’s attention to it. There were several M7 submachine guns mounted on the rack, and as they approached the safety bar lifted. The light on the bar shifted to green, signalling that the locks had disengaged. They both quickly grabbed a weapon, along with a spare clip. Quickly readying her gun, Delilah looked up at the bulkhead again. The orange spot had grown and there were even more sparks, that meant the boarders were almost through.
“Over there.” Jules said, bringing Delilah’s gaze to several stacks of cargo crates. “We should take cover over there, quickly.” As they both hunkered down behind the crates, Jules chuckled a little. “Hopefully we won’t have to use these too much, I’m a lousy shot.”
Delilah appreciated the joke. “I think we can trust the leathernecks with most of the shooting, just keep your head low!”
Without any warning, there was a deafening blast as the bulkhead was blown away at last. In an instant, the hangar erupted into a symphony of gunfire and alien screams. Delilah looked to the bulkhead and examined the aliens now attempting to enter. Similar to the reports from the Cairo, Athens, and Malta, the Covenant forces were sending in Grunts first. The marines, though fewer in number, were taking the Grunts down in seconds with quick trigger fingers and fast reflexes. Unlike the previous boarding attacks, it was not well-disciplined Elites who followed the cannon fodder. Several gigantic Brutes charged into the room, backed up by Jackals holding energy shields. The marines began to pull back as red-hot metal spikes and crimson plasma began to fly, cutting down two of their number in the process. The surviving marines ran to new positions, with one leaping over the crates Delilah and Jules were hiding behind. He landed in front of them and immediately got on his radio.
“This is security team Beta, Covenant boarding parties have breached Hangar A-02 and are pushing us back!” He quickly looked up, seeing several Jackals approaching rapidly. “We have the captains from the Afternoon and Greensboro with us, requesting back-up!” He stood up and let loose several bursts from his battle rifle, killing one Jackal and sending the others scrambling for cover, before ducking back down. He pointed at Delilah and Jules. “Are either of you hurt at all?”
Delilah shook her head. “We’re fine, we were waiting for our transport to arrive when the attack started. How’s the situation across the rest of the station?”
“And do you know if all of the medical transports got away safely?” Jules added.
“That’ll have to wait!” the marine shouted. “Covenant’s bearing down on us, we’re going to have to pull back to a better position. By the way, it’s Dorji. Sergeant Ken Dorji. Hope you two are ready for this!”
Flicking the safety on her SMG, Delilah looked at Jules and nodded. “Ready for your call, sergeant.”
Dorji peeked around the crates and unleashed another series of precision bursts into the Covenant troops while shouting orders. “Corhall, cover the hangar door, try to keep extra Covenant reinforcements out of the hangar! Lamosa, I need you to put some suppressive fire on those Brutes while Chalk gets Kaye and the captains to safety! I’ll cover them, now let’s move!” He rolled from his position behind the crates, expertly dropping a Brute and Jackal while Delilah and Jules ran to group up with Chalk and Kaye.
Chalk was wearing a uniform marked with symbols that denoted him as a hospital corpsman, carrying the man Delilah deduced to be Kaye. Kaye wore a regular Marine uniform and had a metal spike embedded in their shoulder. Interestingly, there wasn’t any sign of blood where the spike had hit.
“Sergeant Dorji is quite the shot,” Jules said in awe before turning his attention to Chalk, “do you need help getting Kaye out of here?”
Chalk shook his head. “They’ll be fine, the spike hit their prosthetic arm.”
Kaye, though seeming to be disorientated from the injury, managed to speak up. “They just had to shoot me in the arm again, didn’t they?”
One of the other doors in the hangar exploded, near where Delilah and Jules were running. Jackals and Grunts swarmed in, forcing Delilah and Jules to go on the defensive.
“Keep going, Chalk!” Delilah shouted as she dropped to a firing position and let loose with her SMG. “I’ll keep you covered!”
Jules leapt to the side as plasma flew in their direction, putting several shots into a Jackal that had lunged towards Delilah. “And I’ll keep you covered, keep moving!”
Delivering a powerful kick right to the center of a Grunt’s face that had gotten too close, Delilah jumped backwards and followed Jules to the last door out of the hangar. Dorji and his troops were following right behind them, cutting down Covenant as they ran. Clearing the bulkhead, Delilah spun around and looked back into the hangar, just in time to see several Grunts in the boarding party activate plasma grenades and toss them at Dorji’s group. She shouted for them to look out, prompting them all to see the airborne explosives and leap for the bulkhead. Corhall and Lamosa cleared the bulkhead while Delilah grabbed Dorji’s hand and pulled him in as he leapt. Both she and Dorji stumbled into the corridor as the bulkhead slammed shut, leaving the sounds of plasma fire and explosions muffled under the roar of the sirens.
Getting back to his feet, Dorji offered a hand to Delilah as she stood up. “Thanks for the save, Captain.” Something violently impacted with the bulkhead. “We had better fall back to a better position before the Covenant breaks through.”
“We should either head for the security station nearby or the command center.” Lamosa said.
“We should also see how the rest of the security teams are faring.” Delilah added. “Check to see if anyone has spotted a Covenant bomb onboard.”
Jules nodded in agreement. “If there is a bomb onboard, we’ll have to disable it somehow.”
“For now,” Dorji said as he reloaded his battle rifle, “we head for the security station. We’ll link up with the teams there and get resupplied. Let’s move.”

Return to “Roleplay & Fanfiction”