[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
405th Outlander Battalion Definitive Canon - Page 7 - Community

405th Outlander Battalion Definitive Canon

Tell your own story!
ShlubCustoms wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:40 pm
Decided to change something about the backstory for the 405th, because I can and nobody has made any backstory figures yet (the ONI character's in Nigel's stories don't count because they are in a different dimension).

Instead of the 405th being the remnants of the 47th and the 271st Marine and ODST Corps, I have decided to nix both units from the story. The 405th is now formed from the remnants of the 37th Combined Branches Division (the fictional unit I am currently making customs for). Nothing else has been changed in the story except for the the name. It also opens the 405th canon to non-405th figures and also allows for 405th figures made using Halo 3 Marine parts. It also allows me to pursue the 37th Combined Branches Division customs without having to worry about the fact that I haven't finished the 405th figures yet.
Yes.

I now plan to make a 405th custom without using Ark marines.

I have been getting some questions about the 37th Combined Branches Division and how it relates to the 405th, so let me go ahead and set the record "definitively crooked" (A quote from Douglas Adams about The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy's history and story being impossible to correctly state).

1. The 37th Combined Branches Division is part of the 405th. They are the unit that the 405th formed from after the Created Uprising. They consist of UNSC Army Rangers (Halo Wars Marines), ODSTs, and Marines (Halo 3 Style Marines). Since they are part of the 405th canon, the open invite to make 405th figures also applies to them.

2. The 37th has a definitive figure type and a cohesive color scheme for each branch. See points 3, 4, and 5. Since they are essentially backstory figures from the days when the UNSC wasn't a resistance force, their armor is not cobbled together. You may see an extra knife or a pair of night vision goggles here or there, but you won't see the kitbashed weapons, pseudo cloth pieces (scarves, coats, etc), and over the top tacked on gear that my 405th figures are famous for.

3. The Marines are New Dawn/Marine Defense Marines. There are no exceptions to the color scheme. Each Marine has some kind of orange-yellow and crimson logo on their left shoulder pad (see my 37th Marine for and example). Nothing else needs to be changed if you decide to paint a figure to be in the 37th. Feel free to add fine details or weathering or whatever if you want. If you want to make a 37th Marine and don't have any New Dawn/Marine Defense Marines, you can repaint your Marine to have a similar color scheme.

4. The ODSTs can either come from the ODST Squad Ambush or the Operation Bronze Cobra Drop Pod. No exceptions (unless you paint a figure to have the same color scheme as the figures from those sets). You don't have to do anything to the ODST figures unless you are good at fine details. In that case, all of the Bronze Cobra ODSTs should have a white 37 on their left shoulder pad (the bigger one) and all of the ODST Squad Ambush ODSTs have a white 37 on the center section of their chest armor (where the ODST logo is on the Operation Bronze Cobra figures).

5. The UNSC Army Rangers are all Yankee Squad/Challenger Series Marines (Or Marines repainted in Yankee Squad/Challenger Series colors). All of them have some kind of orange-yellow and crimson logo on their left shoulder pad and a white 37 on their right shoulder pad.

6. There are no Elites/Grunts. While Elites/Grunts may be in the 405th, they never joined forces with the 37th. The 37th was way before they decided to become part of the good guys.

7. All of the interdimensional stuff in the 405th story happens after the 37th became the 405th. There are no portals and stuff with the 405th.

8. 37th vehicles do not need to be painted/custom built (although you can and I plan on making some). Any standard green/tan vehicle can be used as a 37th vehicle. Alternatively, if you decide to paint a 37th vehicle, please wait before I make one before attempting it. I have yet to decide on the color scheme for painted 37th vehicles and I don't want someone to spend all of that hard work and effort on something that they end up stripping the paint off of because they want it to match the official color scheme.

That should clear everything up, but if it doesn't, feel free to ask.

H2G2 is a timeless classic.

Survivor11 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:03 am
H2G2 is a timeless classic.

You're not wrong.

Does it matter what the symbol looks like for 37th figs?

81Ceta_Deta wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:16 pm
Does it matter what the symbol looks like for 37th figs?
It would if I had bothered to make all of my Marines/Rangers have the same symbol. As it stands, it doesn't because I decided to just paint whatever I felt like painting on the figure. The only thing that is a constant is that yellow is the primary color and red is the secondary color (it's reversed on the pilots though).

Forgot to mention on this forum that whoever wants to control the 405th Outlander Battalion Story can write stories for it since I'm not making projects for the story anymore.

ShlubCustoms wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:22 pm
Forgot to mention on this forum that whoever wants to control the 405th Outlander Battalion Story can write stories for it since I'm not making projects for the story anymore.
It’s alive!!!

Yeah, I'm working on a couple of customs and a story.

Return to “Roleplay & Fanfiction”