[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
No Staff Picks for 3 weeks... - Community

No Staff Picks for 3 weeks...

Having problems with the website or forum? Post here for help!
Hello MCX moderation team. So besides whatever issue is messing up the gallery search functionality at the moment, no Staff Pick stars have been awarded since Feb 25th. There have clearly been submissions worthy of Staff Picks in those three weeks so what is up?

You couldn't just add this to your previous complaint thread?

It didn't occur to me at the same time and I didn't want a completely different issue to get lost in the body of the other post.

OK we've went a month now without a Staff Pick badge being awarded to a single gallery submission.

VinceHoffman wrote: OK we've went a month now without a Staff Pick badge being awarded to a single gallery submission.
I concur. I would love to see some staff picks.

Has it occurred to y’all that in their mind they aren’t worth staff picks? Also most of my staff picks were rewarded a month after it got posted.

nigelninja11 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:58 pm
Has it occurred to y’all that in their mind they aren’t worth staff picks? Also most of my staff picks were rewarded a month after it got posted.
This is true. Things take time.

nigelninja11 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:58 pm
@nigelninja11 there have been a ton of Staff Pick worthy submissions in the past month. Even the two official MCX Facebook page "Designer's Pick of The Week" choices have not received Staff Picks. And Staff Picks are generally awarded in a much more prompt fashion.

Anyway I PM-ed the MCX facebook page admin and asked the same questions on the weekend. The official reply today was that the Staff Pick functionality has been suspended as it was somehow related to the MCX Gallery display bugs that were all being diligently worked upon as they wrote. So there you all have it.

Web Team
VinceHoffman wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:28 pm
Anyway I PM-ed the MCX facebook page admin and asked the same questions on the weekend. The official reply today was that the Staff Pick functionality has been suspended as it was somehow related to the MCX Gallery display bugs that were all being diligently worked upon as they wrote. So there you all have it.
Not something we (web team) usually comment on, but we wanted to jump in here and correct any miscommunication.
As well as give a voice to the teams responsible for Staff Picks and Fan Pick Friday.

The staff pick functionality was not suspended due to technical issues.The team responsible for choosing staff picks also have other responsibilities in the company. The team tries to meet at least once a week. However, There are times where the teams workload makes it difficult to meet and award staff picks.

The Fan Pick Friday posts on social media are selected by the social media team.

On behalf of everyone here, Thank you for all your submissions :)

Happy building!

Return to “Forum / Website Tech support”