[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Expressive faces. - Community

Expressive faces.

Got a question? Ask it here!
I greatly enjoy more neutral faces for figures for static display. However, when you're releasing a character for the second or fifth time, do you guys think it would be possible to give say, He-Man or Skeletor or Kratos or Atriox a new facial expression?

None of these characters seem all that eager to go into battle or even involved in the moment. All that articulation to make the characters more dynamic and most just seem bored from the neck up.

I mean, let's face it, you all are milking the HeMan and Skeletor sculpts, the least you could do... well, color variations is the least you could do. But new faces would be the second least extensive change to these characters. Can't cost that much to add a second head to box.

The old classic TMNT figures were good for that. There were four different mouths for them which you could mix and match for your turtles.

Hicks_Royel wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:46 pm
I greatly enjoy more neutral faces for figures for static display. However, when you're releasing a character for the second or fifth time, do you guys think it would be possible to give say, He-Man or Skeletor or Kratos or Atriox a new facial expression?

None of these characters seem all that eager to go into battle or even involved in the moment. All that articulation to make the characters more dynamic and most just seem bored from the neck up.

I mean, let's face it, you all are milking the HeMan and Skeletor sculpts, the least you could do... well, color variations is the least you could do. But new faces would be the second least extensive change to these characters. Can't cost that much to add a second head to box.
That would be epic!!! Maybe going back to the not pin holed eyes could help? I find them more expressive even when you buy multiple of the same sets.

Elemaster wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:32 am
The old classic TMNT figures were good for that. There were four different mouths for them which you could mix and match for your turtles.
Not to mention the actually eye bandanna's had different expressions as well

I legitimately didn't realise there was so much dislike for the pinhole eyes. I wholeheartedly prefer them to the painted-on ones, which (in my experience) often look goofily cartoonish, flake away, or are applied incorrectly.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:42 pm
I legitimately didn't realise there was so much dislike for the pinhole eyes. I wholeheartedly prefer them to the painted-on ones, which (in my experience) often look goofily cartoonish, flake away, or are applied incorrectly.
I really don't like them because they are very hard to fix. If they were painted poorly I could just easily erase the paint. Good luck with trying to erase a hole, you have to fill the hole with something and I'm not sure what. Some people say use a staple and I'm just like wut?

There is no denying the eyes did look goofy at times, I like it cuz it made me laugh plus made each figure feel unique. Maybe mega construx should release a "Fill the pin holed eyes kit"

Hicks_Royel wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:46 pm

I like the idea of changing features drastically from figure, to figure, whatever can be done for cost effectiveness, also the newer figures have excellent paint finally something for us non-extensive customizer folk,I paint other figures just not megas

NatoGreavesy wrote:
I love them! They look so much better than painted-eyes, which often are mispainted or turn out all wonky.

81Ceta_Deta wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:41 pm
NatoGreavesy wrote:
I love them! They look so much better than painted-eyes, which often are mispainted or turn out all wonky.
i like both?!? 0_0

81Ceta_Deta wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:41 pm
NatoGreavesy wrote:
Yeah. My newest CoD figure has painted eyes (just 2 black dots) and one of them isn’t in the right place and it always looks weird to have him aiming.

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”