[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Comic Con Master Chief set - Community

Comic Con Master Chief set

Got a question? Ask it here!
News of the set was posted in another forum.

"Official product release on July 23rd at 9am PST on Mattel Creations Instagram."

I don't understand how this works. If I don't have an Instagram account, can I still order this set?

Hicks_Royel wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:55 am
I don't understand how this works. If I don't have an Instagram account, can I still order this set?
Yeah, that’s what I’m wondering.

My guess, the answer is "Yes. For three times the retail on eBay."

So, no information on how this sell will be handled then?

If and when we do get in an order, will we have to go to a physical location with some proof of our order to secure our order a second time and then have it shipped to our homes at a much later date making the trip to San Diego an entirely pointless and expensive endeavour like last year's SDCC nonsense?

Community Team
I reached out to the Mattel Creations team last week but I'm still waiting for confirmation. Should have it on Monday.

But my best guess right now is that the link to the website will be posted on their Instagram account on July 23rd. You shouldn't need an Instagram account to make the purchase. But the link won't be shared before then.

Yan_MCX wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:36 am
I reached out to the Mattel Creations team last week but I'm still waiting for confirmation. Should have it on Monday.

But my best guess right now is that the link to the website will be posted on their Instagram account on July 23rd. You shouldn't need an Instagram account to make the purchase. But the link won't be shared before then.
Do you mean the Mattel creations website? I’ve had that link for days.

Community Team
I mean the exact page on which the product will be available for purchase. It may be on Mattel Creations but I don’t know.

The Mattel Creations site is still 51 days and some change out on launching according to it's own countdown. It seems unlikely that they use that as a selling platform.

I appreciate you asking, Yan. Hopefully they'll provide an answer before 9 am pst the 23rd. I'd prefer to not become an Instagram member and don't care much for more expensive alternatives to purchasing.

Why things can't be straightforward and informative from the start seems an unnecessary irritation.

Hicks_Royel wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:19 pm
The Mattel Creations site is still 51 days and some change out on launching according to it's own countdown. It seems unlikely that they use that as a selling platform.
Keep in mind that the site says full platform access. They could be releasing it in phases.

That is true. Suppose we'll find out when we do. Hopefully in clear and hassle free instruction.

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”