[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
WHAT HAPPENED TO CALL OF DUTY?! - Community

WHAT HAPPENED TO CALL OF DUTY?!

Got a question? Ask it here!
Hey everyone, I was wondering what happened to the cod line? This line was my childhood and I see so much demand for it even today, why is mega not releasing bigger sets and ignoring our calls for new ones?! There’s so much potential for a Cold War line of sets, Huey helicopters, T-72 tanks, weaver, m113’s and of coarse down forget you guys can do modern warfare 2019 and have tons of sets, new operators etc, what really happened? Because it 100% was NOT lack of demand, there is a sort of cult of cod mega construction collectors and they’re getting tired of dissapointment with lack of new sets,

And what happened to the zombie line?! You guys never did the zombie characters(missed opportunity) bo2, and the OG team Dempsey richtofen takeo etc,
You guys have missed so many opportunities please do not lay off the cod line, it’s one of your Main ones and there are too many fans who cherish the sets,
We would love a response or reassurance for the cod lines future,
Take care and listen to the community!

I'm just going to point out that the Cold War was an incredibly unpleasant time in history that doesn't reflect well on any of the countries involved. Making toys about the World Wars is one thing (and still pretty disrespectful, IMO), but the Cold War is a very different situation, with a lot of complex moral issues involved.

It's probably a good idea not to be making light of the situation, especially during today's political climate.

Considering MCX has already made a figure based on a fictional character that conducted a fictional mass murder of civilians in an airport, I don't think making sets based off of a fictional game tangentially connected to a period of world history spanning decades would be a bridge too far. It's okay if you don't like the CoD license NATO, but plenty of other people do. This is what CoD has always been about. Nearly every one of their games is somewhat loosely based on historical events. But it's all fictional.

Nato’s not saying he dislikes CoD, he’s saying MCX might have trouble making toys from it.

JoeFilms wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:05 am
Nato’s not saying he dislikes CoD, he’s saying MCX might have trouble making toys from it.
But why? They've been making Black Ops sets for years (including releasing a figure based on a prominent Black Ops character this year) why would it be an issue now?

If you can't see issues with glorifying the Cold War during the political climate of 2020, of all years, I'd strongly suggest you do some serious research. I'm not even American, but this is history worth knowing.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:29 pm
If you can't see issues with glorifying the Cold War during the political climate of 2020, of all years, I'd strongly suggest you do some serious research. I'm not even American, but this is history worth knowing.
I'm just gonna say it's a game. There is absolutely no reason someone should get offended over a game. I understand maybe if its making fun of idk religion? But no one should be getting offended over something that at its best is unrealistic. It's an escape.

It doesn’t matter whether people should.

Someone will.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:29 pm
Hello. History major here. I did my research at university. I don't do research at the request of random people on forums. Again, MCX has been making toys based on a *fictional series* related to real-world historical events for years. They don't need to change that. They have a license to do that. Plenty of people specifically *want* them to do that, including myself. If you think there's some serious moral issue here you should consider writing MCX corporate and asking them why they're "glorifying the Cold War" rather than trying to dissuade other forum members from asking questions about products that they want, products that MCX has already made.

Look haven’t you noticed that CoD has been pretty separate from the other lines for years now?

It doesn’t matter whether it should or not. People will be offended by it, it’s too close to reality. They have to play their cards just right to even keep it going, or at least that’s my understanding.

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”