[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
SDCC 2018: any news/info/coverage? - Community

SDCC 2018: any news/info/coverage?

Trade Show, Con, and Festival Discussion
I know we typically don't get much news/reveals for Mega Construx stuff out of Comic-Con, especially after Mattel bought MEGA. However, does MC have anything on display at this year's convention? Haven't seen pics, or heard news, anywhere.

Hm they've just got Pokemon sets there from what I can tell. Maybe NYCC will have some Halo/Destiny/CoD.

Before Mattel's takeover of Mega, Mega used to have their own booth at SDCC. They unveiled the Call of Duty hovercraft there. The reps there were always nice too. I remember asking about some white Spartans from an at-the-time-upcoming exclusive set. The rep just gave me a couple of figures for free. i couldn't believe it. They had a trough full of parts which you would use to build whatever you wanted during the show and take the build with you. And on the last day of the show as the day wore on, they let people grab whatever loose bricks they wanted. Some people were just grabbing whatever they could stuff in pockets and bags. I got a ton of bricks that way. Good times.

Over the last few years, it seems there's been less and less of a Mega presence at SDCC. They used to give away exlusive bilind bag figures. Then those disappeared and they gave out some carded Monster High figures. Seems to me, Mega's just not given a budget for SDCC. Which is particulrly baffling, as the recent Heroes line would be something you want to show off at SDCC. With all the cross-brands getting representation. Seems like you could introduce a ton of people to the line at SDCC. Just so baffling.

That sounds awesome. What figures were you given? Never heard of any white spartans being exclusives.

Ashtalon wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:48 am
Before Mattel's takeover of Mega, Mega used to have their own booth at SDCC. They unveiled the Call of Duty hovercraft there. The reps there were always nice too. I remember asking about some white Spartans from an at-the-time-upcoming exclusive set. The rep just gave me a couple of figures for free. i couldn't believe it. They had a trough full of parts which you would use to build whatever you wanted during the show and take the build with you. And on the last day of the show as the day wore on, they let people grab whatever loose bricks they wanted. Some people were just grabbing whatever they could stuff in pockets and bags. I got a ton of bricks that way. Good times.

Over the last few years, it seems there's been less and less of a Mega presence at SDCC. They used to give away exlusive bilind bag figures. Then those disappeared and they gave out some carded Monster High figures. Seems to me, Mega's just not given a budget for SDCC. Which is particulrly baffling, as the recent Heroes line would be something you want to show off at SDCC. With all the cross-brands getting representation. Seems like you could introduce a ton of people to the line at SDCC. Just so baffling.
Yeah it's crazy. Personally it seems like Mega is a collector's brand trying to aim at a younger audience.

Yeah mega is having a identity crisis right now.

RIP authentic collectors series

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:03 pm
Yeah mega is having a identity crisis right now.

RIP authentic collectors series
It sure seems that way.

Yep a collectors line with play features.

And bright colors that look more like toys than collectors items, RIP extreme detail with wash and paterns and things, but BETTER QUALITY

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:20 pm
And bright colors that look more like toys than collectors items, RIP extreme detail with wash and paterns and things, but BETTER QUALITY
#thatswhyZ19startedmakingcustoms

Return to “Event Discussion”