[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Where are Mega Construx Destiny sets actually sold? - Page 2 - Community

Where are Mega Construx Destiny sets actually sold?

Builds & Discussions
I find all of mine sets at walmart or at amazon or sometime comic stores

On the plus side: after totally gutting their MC Destiny stock last year, my local Walmart got in a supply of the Hero minifigs!

Within the past week the 2 new sparrows and 6 hero pieces have showed up at the 3 nearest Target (US) to me. Other than that i've never seen them anywhere else except ebay and amazon like you say. Frustrating to me that the website doesn't show any retailers in my country when clearly Target now has these. They really need to get their stuff straight with updating that stuff for us serious collectors. I haven't had as much pain as you have had with international shipping (luckily in the US i've found almost all at retail). What is frustrating is the 2 armory sets (Dead Orbit and FWC) that never hit any store shelf ever that i'm aware. I'd love to complete my collection and get those but i'm definitely not paying $100 each as i've seen on ebay a few times. I am worried that the new armory sets (Saladin and Xur) will go that same route. If so this might be my last construx sets I'm collecting.

calvinium wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:04 am
Arcsylver wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:38 am
Not all Game Stops carry them sadly.
This is kinda what I'm getting at. There doesn't seem to be any consistency. The most frustrating part being that even the US MegaBrands Shop itself says "Not available" for sets that are actually available, and that this was the case for the 2017 Armory sets (FWC, Dead Orbit, Shaxx and Xur). On the other hand, it has links to Amazon and Target for the Heavy Pike set!

Thanks for the tips on the "Heroes" minifigs. I'd already seen them on Amazon and I've got 3/6 of them ordered. Haven't found any vendors that ship the other 3 direct down under yet. Soon as I do, they'll be mine!

Unfortunately, the 2 sets from EB games are horrendously overpriced. Their price for the Harvester is about as much as a PS4. Thankfully I managed to get mine from Amazon US during the Black Friday sales for less than half EB's price and that included the international shipping to Australia.

I also managed to convince a colleague from one of my company's US offices to walk into a GameStop and pick me up their exclusive RavenSteel Sparrow to bring over when he next comes. I might have to ask him to also go to Target for the Heavy Pike for me. I'm also expecting the Aspect of Glass and Goliath Tank to arrive next week too.

I'm going to have to buy another glass display cabinet for them all to go in, as well as find a display case big enough for the Cabal Harvester. It's starting to collect dust sitting on top of my current cabinet.
Yes indeed the Destiny sets at ebgames are overpriced. I passed on the Cabal Harvester thing for exactly that reason.

The mega site says that dead orbit and anything before it is archived??????!!!!!!!!!!!

GreenSpartan082 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:02 pm
calvinium wrote:
Arcsylver wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:38 am
Not all Game Stops carry them sadly.
This is kinda what I'm getting at. There doesn't seem to be any consistency. The most frustrating part being that even the US MegaBrands Shop itself says "Not available" for sets that are actually available, and that this was the case for the 2017 Armory sets (FWC, Dead Orbit, Shaxx and Xur). On the other hand, it has links to Amazon and Target for the Heavy Pike set!

Thanks for the tips on the "Heroes" minifigs. I'd already seen them on Amazon and I've got 3/6 of them ordered. Haven't found any vendors that ship the other 3 direct down under yet. Soon as I do, they'll be mine!

Unfortunately, the 2 sets from EB games are horrendously overpriced. Their price for the Harvester is about as much as a PS4. Thankfully I managed to get mine from Amazon US during the Black Friday sales for less than half EB's price and that included the international shipping to Australia.

I also managed to convince a colleague from one of my company's US offices to walk into a GameStop and pick me up their exclusive RavenSteel Sparrow to bring over when he next comes. I might have to ask him to also go to Target for the Heavy Pike for me. I'm also expecting the Aspect of Glass and Goliath Tank to arrive next week too.

I'm going to have to buy another glass display cabinet for them all to go in, as well as find a display case big enough for the Cabal Harvester. It's starting to collect dust sitting on top of my current cabinet.
Yes indeed the Destiny sets at ebgames are overpriced. I passed on the Cabal Harvester thing for exactly that reason.
Wait have you seen one in-store, or just online?

charliebucket wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:01 pm
GreenSpartan082 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:02 pm
calvinium wrote:

Wait have you seen one in-store, or just online?
I saw it physically in at least 2 EB Games stores in the Brisbane area pre-Christmas, and around the same time friends in Perth and Noosa both sent me photos of ones they found in their local stores because they knew I was looking for them

Perth, eh? I take it their $430 AU?

charliebucket wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:42 am
Perth, eh? I take it their $430 AU?
Yup, that much. December 9th was when my friend sent me the snap. I'd already purchased it from Amazon during the Black Friday sales by then. Cost me US $156 including international shipping to Australia, just over AUD $200.

Their current price is AUD $355.93 + Shipping & handling AUD $66.74 for a total of AUD $422.67, so just a smidge cheaper. If you can get it during a half price sale like I did its totally worth it. It's a really impressively sized set: about 60cm x 45cm x 20cm when constructed.

If I may spread some hope in here about the DO and FWC armory sets, I saw them appear at my local Toys R Us two weeks ago. In Canada, where we receive the sets way after the US. Maybe MCX is throwing out a second batch? Good luck to you all!

Return to “Destiny”