[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Really REALLY liking the new ODSTs - Page 3 - Community

Really REALLY liking the new ODSTs

Builds & Discussions
^CsDarKnight wasn't suggesting that mega make an ODST scorpion - he was stating that he missed out on the 2011 ODST scorpion made by mega. Also not all ODSTs dropped in via pods, and ODSTs do have their own armored brigades too.

AkulA1996 wrote:^CsDarKnight wasn't suggesting that mega make an ODST scorpion - he was stating that he missed out on the 2011 ODST scorpion made by mega. Also not all ODSTs dropped in via pods, and ODSTs do have their own armored brigades too.
Yes, I got that, I'm just suggesting that more could be done for the ODSTs set/vehicle wise to emphasize their rapid insertion nature rather than simply giving them UNSC Marine Recolors.
In fact, after mentioning the Siege Bike, I went and looked up the other ONI REAP-X vehicles, and the "Quad Walker" is outright stated to be deployed like a Drop Pod, so it'd fit perfectly into the ODSTs' Armored Combat Vehicle niche.

The "Light Assault VTOL" actually became an In-game vehicle for the Spartan Strike Mobile Game, the AV-30 Kestrel.

Whiteagle wrote:
AkulA1996 wrote:^CsDarKnight wasn't suggesting that mega make an ODST scorpion - he was stating that he missed out on the 2011 ODST scorpion made by mega. Also not all ODSTs dropped in via pods, and ODSTs do have their own armored brigades too.
Yes, I got that, I'm just suggesting that more could be done for the ODSTs set/vehicle wise to emphasize their rapid insertion nature rather than simply giving them UNSC Marine Recolors.
In fact, after mentioning the Siege Bike, I went and looked up the other ONI REAP-X vehicles, and the "Quad Walker" is outright stated to be deployed like a Drop Pod, so it'd fit perfectly into the ODSTs' Armored Combat Vehicle niche.

The "Light Assault VTOL" actually became an In-game vehicle for the Spartan Strike Mobile Game, the AV-30 Kestrel.
Well how do you know scorpions and warthogs can't be dropped by a pod of some kind. There's a lot in the halo universe and yet there's so much more that has yet to created/hasn't even been covered yet, who knows a vehicle pod may become a part of it. (note I have left out the mongoose, this is because during Red vs Blue season 9 or 10 - I think it's 10, Tex had a 2 wheeled mongoose styled motorcycle delivered via drop pod and well a mongoose isn't that much bigger than than the cycle).

AkulA1996 wrote:Well how do you know scorpions and warthogs can't be dropped by a pod of some kind. There's a lot in the halo universe and yet there's so much more that has yet to created/hasn't even been covered yet, who knows a vehicle pod may become a part of it. (note I have left out the mongoose, this is because during Red vs Blue season 9 or 10 - I think it's 10, Tex had a 2 wheeled mongoose styled motorcycle delivered via drop pod and well a mongoose isn't that much bigger than than the cycle).
Well, Halo 2 has a whole mission where the ODST are tasked with securing a Landing Zone for Pelicans, which is the UNSC's mainstay DropSHIP used to ferry around Warthogs and Scorpions on an EXTERNAL cargo hard-point.

That's kinda the issue, if you can bring in Pelicans or other large landing craft, you don't NEED the Drop Pods since you don't need the small profile to dodge heavy anti-air defenses.
While a Pelican air-lifting a Scorpion would make an AWESOME set, I think that kind of part count could only be done by the Signature Series.

Now, you'd have a much better argument for the Mantis, since in-game it's inactivated pose looks compressed enough to roughly be Drop Pod sized, but I don't know if the Mega Bloks incarnations can actually fold up like that.

Whiteagle wrote:
AkulA1996 wrote:Well how do you know scorpions and warthogs can't be dropped by a pod of some kind. There's a lot in the halo universe and yet there's so much more that has yet to created/hasn't even been covered yet, who knows a vehicle pod may become a part of it. (note I have left out the mongoose, this is because during Red vs Blue season 9 or 10 - I think it's 10, Tex had a 2 wheeled mongoose styled motorcycle delivered via drop pod and well a mongoose isn't that much bigger than than the cycle).
Well, Halo 2 has a whole mission where the ODST are tasked with securing a Landing Zone for Pelicans, which is the UNSC's mainstay DropSHIP used to ferry around Warthogs and Scorpions on an EXTERNAL cargo hard-point.

That's kinda the issue, if you can bring in Pelicans or other large landing craft, you don't NEED the Drop Pods since you don't need the small profile to dodge heavy anti-air defenses.
While a Pelican air-lifting a Scorpion would make an AWESOME set, I think that kind of part count could only be done by the Signature Series.

Now, you'd have a much better argument for the Mantis, since in-game it's inactivated pose looks compressed enough to roughly be Drop Pod sized, but I don't know if the Mega Bloks incarnations can actually fold up like that.
For the mega bloks mantis to fold up you kinda just bend the legs a bit (I've never tried it, but there's a lot of movement in those legs) and the mantis set includes a small piece which you build and add when you want it to be carried by the H4 Pelican Gunship - though the connector piece in the Pelican set does seem a bit too long, I'd probably wait for an update with a shorter connection piece.)
Also you should post your idea for the pelican and scorpion combo set in the suggestion thread. In fact post any suggestion you have there, I know after this conversation I'm going to post a couple of ideas.

How many of you are fielding entire armies of ODST as opposed to regular marines?

It seems like Mega is pumping them out like hot cakes ( not that i'm complaining).

Thehumanelement wrote:How many of you are fielding entire armies of ODST as opposed to regular marines?

It seems like Mega is pumping them out like hot cakes ( not that i'm complaining).
A bit hard with the current metallic drop-pods, Only Black has a SAW while the other two have a Rocket Launcher and a Spartan Laser...

Make more of the Odsts mystery figures. The ones with the teeth

Would love to see a covenant engineer character

mwcarlson wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:07 pm
Good point. Of course for a covert trooper who operates primarily in a covert capacity behind enemy lines, a bright set of white teeth seems problematic. Nevertheless, they are easy enough to remove so I'd just like to see a larger selection of ODST-related sets.

For instance, I really want them to complete the Halo 3: ODST team (Buck, Mickey, Dutch, Romeo, Dare) in the new articulation.
I would love a set of new Mombasa streets with alpha 9 (Buck, Mickey, Dutch, Romeo, Dare) with brutes and grunts

Return to “Halo”