[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Really REALLY liking the new ODSTs - Page 2 - Community

Really REALLY liking the new ODSTs

Builds & Discussions
omegabob wrote:
> I think part of what keeps the cost on these awesomely articulated
> microfigs reasonable is the reuse of parts. If they went and made a new
> crotch piece that didn't have the holes in the front and back to hold the
> belts or armor it could increase overall cost (not to mention take a while
> to get into circulation). If you don't like the belt that comes on the
> ODST you could try replacing it with the "belt" piece from the
> NMPD customizer set that is the same buckle and *** pack piece that comes
> with most of the Assassin's Creed microfigs.

Hopes are just hopes mate, I understand the cost factor behind the figures, but your idea is actually great, I will go and have a try. To be honest, the holes didn't bother me that much, just I "hope" things could be perfect, haha.

mwcarlson wrote:
> For instance, I really want them to complete the Halo 3: ODST team (Buck,
> Mickey, Dutch, Romeo, Dare) in the new articulation.

Mickey, check! Dutch, check!
Mickey is in the NMPD pelican
Dutch is in the new ODST pack with an unnamed ODST standing off against Covie drones

I for one want an accurate rookie (his chest plate isn't meant to match his helmet stripe infact his helmet stripe is the only part of the armor which isn't dark (I don't know what colour is armor is it looks black but it could be steel (closest you can get to black in halo games except Halo 1 and 2)

Would love to see the old drop pod sets brought back. The ones with the extra detail as well as the painted weapons and figures.

Also, put me on the side of not liking the teeth. Maybe if they weren't so giant and goofy looking I would like them.

About the teeth in the helmets, to me it's just that they look like they're in the wrong place like they should be a bit lower down toward the visor.

Thehumanelement wrote:
> hmmmm
>
> In future waves perhaps they can include an alternative non helmeted ODST
> head ( i.e. a characters non helmeted head) as a chase figure.
>
> As a COD figure fan primarily ODST's are one of the few HALO figures that i
> cannot resist.

I wish MB consider about Buck head!

i got the stealth one and its awesome :)

AkulA1996 wrote:
Dutch is in the new ODST pack with an unnamed ODST standing off against Covie drones

I for one want an accurate rookie (his chest plate isn't meant to match his helmet stripe infact his helmet stripe is the only part of the armor which isn't dark (I don't know what colour is armor is it looks black but it could be steel (closest you can get to black in halo games except Halo 1 and 2)
Dutch isn't totally Dutch either. While he has his Skull and Crossbones on his chest plate, he's missing the iconic skull teeth on the bottom of his helmet below the visor, which is IRONIC considering they're putting SHARK TEETH on every other ODST!!!!

Armageist wrote:
AkulA1996 wrote:

Dutch isn't totally Dutch either. While he has his Skull and Crossbones on his chest plate, he's missing the iconic skull teeth on the bottom of his helmet below the visor, which is IRONIC considering they're putting SHARK TEETH on every other ODST!!!!
While that's true the teeth on the helmet is a lot less noticeable than wrong armor colours/ wrong stripe colour

The new ODST looks awesome. But I agree, they need to lose the teeth.

mwcarlson wrote:Although I haven't yet seen MEGA add the new drop pods to the available sets (https://halo.megabloks.com/en-us/toys/construction), most Walmarts are now stocking the black, green, and white ODSTs, as well as the blue Elite (new-articulation). I have to say, I feel these are a vast improvement over the bright copper and electric blue ODSTs in the last wave. The black is a pretty good combination, and the green is almost as good. Likely as not I will have WAY to many of these by the time the year is out. Good work MEGA!

One piece of advice? Loose the teeth. They look much better without the shark-teeth laden helmet.
Yeah, a military theme really can't go wrong with a monochrome scheme...
Shark teeth are something I can live with, as it's a reoccurring motif in armed forces, particularly those that "dive head first into ***."
The one complaint I do have is the armament in this series; Two of the ODST are packing Heavy Ordinance while the one Elite just has a Needler.
Hard to army-build with nothing but Rocket Launchers and Spartan Lasers...

... Is it out of the question for the Drop Pod Series to come with two weapons instead of one?
That would certainly set it further apart from the Blind Bag series.
CsDarKnight wrote:I really like the new ODSTs, however I wish that they'd create something similar to a Fireteam for them.
omegabob wrote:I agree with the ODST love. I like them better than Spartans. An ODST troop pack seems like it will be coming up before too long. As well as more ODST sets I wouldn't mind seeing more Marine sets.
Articuno3317 wrote:Oh yeah the ODST deserves a Fireteam set!!!
boltz wrote:Would love to see the old drop pod sets brought back. The ones with the extra detail as well as the painted weapons and figures.
I think that would be the perfect ODST Fireteam set, instead of some terrain and a weapon crate, you'd get one "deluxe" Drop Pod with your Figures and weapons.
CsDarKnight wrote:I really miss the TRU exclusive line they had that spawned the ODST Hawk and Scorpion. Shame I didn't nab the ODST Scorpion before it was discontinued. More ODST-themed sets please!
I don't know about a Scorpion considering their Orbital Drop Shock method, but certainly vehicles like Siege bikes, Cyclopses, and Wombats are do-able.
Articuno3317 wrote:The only down side with the figures though I think is the leg armor interferes with the hip armor. Mega used the marine hip armor but they really should reduce the size of the armor piece as it severely limits the movement of legs with the leg armor on. I usually just remove the hip armor, but it does leave a hole through the waist of the figure. I wonder if Mega could fix that.
omegabob wrote:If you don't like the belt that comes on the ODST you could try replacing it with the "belt" piece from the NMPD customizer set that is the same buckle and *** pack piece that comes with most of the Assassin's Creed microfigs.
Eh, I think this Hip Armor could use some re-engineering, it's rather blockly and cumbersome for a piece that is used so often for non-Spartan figures.

Return to “Halo”