[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Fears for Halo Mega Construx's Future - Page 5 - Community

Fears for Halo Mega Construx's Future

Builds & Discussions
Hey Admiral, do you have an SB account? I've set mine up.

Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:59 pm
Joescibelli wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:14 pm
I find it hard to believe Halo is itself going anywhere anytime soon, as it's lasted, what, 8 years now? 9? The Collector series in general seem relatively safe. I don't think Star Trek was very successful, nor do I think Terminator was, but the latter was also a reaction to a movie coming out.

I think there could be some risk in the other lines, however. I was at my local ToysRUs two days ago, and there were three sale signs of note. For one, Halo was 25% off. This isn't the end of the world. Clearances happen regularly and there were indeed a handful of sets that have shelfwarmed (the ODST vs Drones battlepack and Smuggler Intercept to name two of the worst offenders). Now, the other two are a little more important, I think. Three of the non-Collector lines were on the same sale, and then a bunch of Monster High stuff was on item-by-item clearance. I find it a bit worrying that by the looks of it almost all non-Collector lines I saw at the store were on clearance (that said, Destiny toys were also shelfwarming to a much lesser extent, as was some COD, but those weren't nearly the same degree). I don't buy them myself, but it does hurt Mega when toys don't sell. The retailer already paid them, yes, but if they see that less of Mega's products are selling, they'll order less, and in the end Mega will make less money.

I do not think this is any reason to panic, but I think over time we may end up seeing less non-Collector lines, at least those not tied to a specific movie (Despicable Me 3 would be an exception, for example).
ya halo has been around for 15 years? i cant say much about the other stuff though. my Walmart and target don't carry them. Cod seems to shelf warm the most for some reason having some really undesirable figure packs. Destiny was mash up of the fallen walker tank and first 2 sparrows stewing after being cleared out 4-5 times. id chum that up to overstock of product and lack of new product to replace it. The good Cod sets sell well nirmally along with the halo stuff. I think the stores should get less stock in general so there always clearing there shelves for new stock. My walmart just got Halo heroes 4 restocked and Cod heroes 1 for the first time. however the new series are literally less then a month away for release so it could be a bad thing for me as i might not see them in my area unless Cod heroes 1 and Halo heroes 4 clear out.
Yeah, Destiny seems to sell alright. Only serious problems seem to just be the nutload of Armory Packs.

Joescibelli wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:46 pm
Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Joescibelli wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:14 pm
I find it hard to believe Halo is itself going anywhere anytime soon, as it's lasted, what, 8 years now? 9? The Collector series in general seem relatively safe. I don't think Star Trek was very successful, nor do I think Terminator was, but the latter was also a reaction to a movie coming out.

I think there could be some risk in the other lines, however. I was at my local ToysRUs two days ago, and there were three sale signs of note. For one, Halo was 25% off. This isn't the end of the world. Clearances happen regularly and there were indeed a handful of sets that have shelfwarmed (the ODST vs Drones battlepack and Smuggler Intercept to name two of the worst offenders). Now, the other two are a little more important, I think. Three of the non-Collector lines were on the same sale, and then a bunch of Monster High stuff was on item-by-item clearance. I find it a bit worrying that by the looks of it almost all non-Collector lines I saw at the store were on clearance (that said, Destiny toys were also shelfwarming to a much lesser extent, as was some COD, but those weren't nearly the same degree). I don't buy them myself, but it does hurt Mega when toys don't sell. The retailer already paid them, yes, but if they see that less of Mega's products are selling, they'll order less, and in the end Mega will make less money.

I do not think this is any reason to panic, but I think over time we may end up seeing less non-Collector lines, at least those not tied to a specific movie (Despicable Me 3 would be an exception, for example).
ya halo has been around for 15 years? i cant say much about the other stuff though. my Walmart and target don't carry them. Cod seems to shelf warm the most for some reason having some really undesirable figure packs. Destiny was mash up of the fallen walker tank and first 2 sparrows stewing after being cleared out 4-5 times. id chum that up to overstock of product and lack of new product to replace it. The good Cod sets sell well nirmally along with the halo stuff. I think the stores should get less stock in general so there always clearing there shelves for new stock. My walmart just got Halo heroes 4 restocked and Cod heroes 1 for the first time. however the new series are literally less then a month away for release so it could be a bad thing for me as i might not see them in my area unless Cod heroes 1 and Halo heroes 4 clear out.
Yeah, Destiny seems to sell alright. Only serious problems seem to just be the nutload of Armory Packs.
I don't have a problem with the Armoury Packs. I don't have a strong interest in Destiny so I would just re-purpourse any figures or sets that I may get in the future. The figure packs are great as they include a great looking figure at a low price point.

charliebucket wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:49 pm
Yep I'm Noir

charliebucket wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:57 pm
I don't have a problem with the Armoury Packs. I don't have a strong interest in Destiny so I would just re-purpourse any figures or sets that I may get in the future. The figure packs are great as they include a great looking figure at a low price point.
Ya me either, besides thiefs stealing stuff they sold well overall (give or take the extremely lame nightstalker hunter, you know people only bought it for the bow) my Wal-Mart never got them to clearance neither did my target as the cycle was running down and they stopped restocking them, they all sold out.

Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:03 pm
charliebucket wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:49 pm
Yep I'm Noir
Kool. I've added you as a friend.

charliebucket wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:57 pm
Joescibelli wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:46 pm
Admiral-Sabree wrote:

I don't have a problem with them at all, and they make up half of the Destiny merchandise I've bought. What I mean is I think those are one of the bigger problems for retailers as far as shelfwarming goes, as they always seem to be the most abundant and stick around the longest.

As I said in my area at least they all sold out and never made it to clearance. Where are you that they didnt.

Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:20 pm
As I said in my area at least they all sold out and never made it to clearance. Where are you that they didnt.
East Coast, United States. Decent amount of different stores, too, and when I went to a TRU near the North West Coast on vacation, same deal. My local TRU doesn't move things out incredibly quickly, but it's usually relatively up to date. It may have only the second most recent Halo Heroes, but it's usually not as bad as a bunch of (as in, literally piles of) year to two-year old sets. I don't think it's a matter of the theme, either. They had a decent amount of smaller to medium Destiny sets (Atheon, etc), but only a couple Sparrows were left, and larger sets like the Fallen Walker were near sold out. I think stores just seriously overstocked on Armory sets, which kinda sucks, because I think it might make them less likely to stock on them in the future.

Return to “Halo”