[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Mega Construx™ Halo Designer Q&A *OFFICIAL THREAD* - Community

Mega Construx™ Halo Designer Q&A *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Builds & Discussions
Community Team
Welcome Spartans to our live Halo Q&A!
Today you will be chatting with three of our designers: Kevin, Stephane, and Kevin!

They are ready to answer all of your questions and give you a little insight on how they helped create your favorite sets.

Rules:
Please do not ask about upcoming sets.
Please do not ask about availability of sets.
Please do not post the same question twice.
Please do not post harassment or inappropriate messages.
Please follow all standard forums rules & guidelines.

**WE WILL NOT BE RESPONDING TO ANY QUESTIONS THAT BREAK THE RULES LISTED ABOVE**

We will respond to as many questions as we can, but please keep in mind that depending on demand we may not be able to answer them all.

Let’s begin!

Question for all of you guys: did you always know you wanted to be a designer? What did you study in order to do what you do? Your parents must be proud!!

Why are the halo figures different compared to Destiny and COD (Hands and Size) Also are there any plans or have there been prototypes of trying to implement this into the Halo line?

Community Team
Psizzle wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:18 pm
Question for all of you guys: did you always know you wanted to be a designer? What did you study in order to do what you do? Your parents must be proud!!
Kévin: I didn't know what to do when I finished school. In college I did a few years of IT, but I didn't like it as much as I thought I would, so I switched to design. In university it was a vast program, and the program included architecture and industrial design, and that's how I got started! But when I was a kid, I always said I would work blocks.. now I am!

Kevin: When I was a kid, my blocks were always my favorite toy... I actually quit playing with them very late, but came back to them a few years later, when I was older. I kept playing with blocks all throughout school, and when I was in school I met one of my future colleagues who told me about the position... and now I'm here!

Stephane: At first I wanted to be an architect, simple because I didn't know that being a designer existed!! My orientation teacher in high school actually introduced me to design, and from there on I started studying design, and that's how it happened!

Community Team
Legoman51 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:20 pm
Why are the halo figures different compared to Destiny and COD (Hands and Size) Also are there any plans or have there been prototypes of trying to implement this into the Halo line?
Kevin: We can't reveal any plans about future sets, but we're always trying to implement great ideas from our other brands into the Halo line, such as detail pins, backpack accessories, vests, etc. The more we go, the more we try to make everything compatible... It's definitely something that we keep in mind when designing new Halo sets.

Question for all of you guys: What has been the hardest set to build for you? Thank you :D

Can we expect anymore Sentinel or Enforcer figures? The last time we got them was with Battlescape III, back in 2012. I'd love to see these guys make a return! Maybe even get a figure for the Protector and new Controller Sentinel as well? They Sentinels were a larger part of the original Halo trilogy, being the only Forerunner enemies in the games, and it's a shame they've gotten so little love from Mega Construx.

What's something from the Halo universe that you've wanted to turn into a set for some time but didn't know how to approach it or perhaps don't have permission to create?

Halo has such an epic history (16 years!) How do you keep it new when designing something that's been around so long?

What was your favorite set to design?

Community Team
jullllllllthespartan wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:32 pm
Question for all of you guys: What has been the hardest set to build for you? Thank you :D
Stephane: There's a Halo set that's debuting at NYCC, and that was definitely the hardest set I've had to design, because the way the set is designed is that it has to stand on two legs, which is hard to balance, and keep it from falling over.

Kevin: For me, it was the first Pelican, waaay back in 2010. It was the biggest Halo toy that we had made at the time, and we had never done a set this big at that point, so it was a challenge for us to create everything from scratch. It's interesting to think about now, because at that point, we were basically laying the groundwork for everything that we have now!

Kévin: For me, it's hard, because I've only been here three years, and my first set just came out last year (the Arctic Warthog). With that set, I worked very hard to implement different suspensions... I tried so many different options, until I finally landed on the most simple solution, which finally made it to production... a simple silicon tube!

Return to “Halo”