[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
*HALO 10 Year Anniversary* - Warthogs - Page 4 - Community

*HALO 10 Year Anniversary* - Warthogs

Builds & Discussions
I really loved the warthog resistance warthog the most. Mostly due to the design and color of the warthog itself. I'm someone that likes more military like colors like the dual mode warthog grey color scheme.

The OG warthog hasn't aged well IMO, kinda chunky, and not nearly as sturdily designed as newer ones. (Mega Brands have made the Halo line a whole lot more play-proof, coming a long way from where they started off as Mega Bloks Halo Wars The Authentic Collector's Series sets.) The Night Ops Gausshog, while much sturdier and less blocky, still looks pretty obviously like it's made of plastic bricks (I may repaint mine.) My favorite Warthog from my collection is actually the wreckage from EVA's Last Stand. It looks nice, it's sleek like a puma, and what's there holds together well. I imagine I'd like the Rockethog of nearly identical design just about as well, but haven't laid my hands on one yet.

BenJoe wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:41 pm
The OG warthog hasn't aged well IMO, kinda chunky, and not nearly as sturdily designed as newer ones. (Mega Brands have made the Halo line a whole lot more play-proof, coming a long way from where they started off as Mega Bloks Halo Wars The Authentic Collector's Series sets.) The Night Ops Gausshog, while much sturdier and less blocky, still looks pretty obviously like it's made of plastic bricks (I may repaint mine.) My favorite Warthog from my collection is actually the wreckage from EVA's Last Stand. It looks nice, it's sleek like a puma, and what's there holds together well. I imagine I'd like the Rockethog of nearly identical design just about as well, but haven't laid my hands on one yet.
I feel the Forgehog was probably one of the worst. Based off the reviews, it wasn't the best looking and many got it because of the goliath. Imo the white bricks on the hog with the dark dots just makes it look like it came from a kitchen counter texture.
The hog overall was a mess of non-matching colors.(along with the gauss turret, the launcher doesn't even look like a gauss launcher, but instead made more for kids to play with).

My favorite is the Halo Fest exclusive set. Although my second/third favorites are definitely the new Hog with suspension and the H4 hog with sounds! Really miss those sets as they provided great interaction. Keep up the great work and keep adding muzzle flash and effects! Amazing work Megateam!

The original white rocket hog is what drew me into mega bloks/construx initially, but I agree with others that say it hasn't aged that well. In my opinion, it's due to the square wedge style pieces used for the hood area. When the more rounded pieces came in with the reach sets, everything looked a lot better. In my customs I have mixed the more rounded hood wedge pieces with the older windscreen and it looks great. As far as stock models go, my favorite would be the night ops warthog. I like the desert camo color and the lights and sounds just add so much more life to it.

my favorite warthog is the warthog run with the two hunters master chief and arbiter

I have three warthogs and I gotta say I love the Snowbound rockethog.

rimsky wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:10 pm
BenJoe wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:41 pm
I feel the Forgehog was probably one of the worst. Based off the reviews, it wasn't the best looking and many got it because of the goliath. Imo the white bricks on the hog with the dark dots just makes it look like it came from a kitchen counter texture.
The hog overall was a mess of non-matching colors.(along with the gauss turret, the launcher doesn't even look like a gauss launcher, but instead made more for kids to play with).
I disagree.
It looks like it was a modified Hog... Which is exactly what it is in lore. And I'm quite partial to the colours.

TheCommandoCrafter4017 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:33 pm
I have three warthogs and I gotta say I love the Snowbound rockethog.
I have the OG rockethog, the 2010 Arctic one. I'm fairly certain it's identical to the snowbound one, and I gotta say, I love it too.

Return to “Halo”