[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Which Set Was A Pain To Build For You? - Page 2 - Community

Which Set Was A Pain To Build For You?

Builds & Discussions
All the really big builds, anything over 1000 pieces get pretty "grindy". Half the time spent with each of those builds was in first breaking open all the bags and sorting the parts into piles by both color and type. My other issue has always been with the low quality paper used for the instructions in medium & small sets where the color print does a poor job of differentiating between different colors and shades of blocks. These days I seldom use the included paper instructions. Instead I'll open the online instructions on my laptop with the screen set to maximum brightness.

The forgehog vs banished goliath, at some point I noticed I built on the wrong end of the platform of the forgehog's so the wheels wouldn't look like they were supposed to, the goliath had so many small pieces and it was a pain getting them not to fall apart, my fingers hurt after I was done but both the forgehog and goliath looked like they were worth it.

CoD- the Special Ops Copter.
Halo- Forgehog and Goliath (probably)
Probuilder- Mars rover.

All of these had tiny pieces, and a nightmare to work on.

The only Halo set I remember having issues with was the 09 Hornet. Stuff just kept popping off of it. I really hated it. Which made me love the '12 Hornet even more, since it's so beefy and solid.

I just finished the USS Enterprise. I always defend Mega when people knock them for being inferior to the competition. However, the difference in parts tolerance really showed during building the Enterprise. The saucer was a pain. Basically due to large plates not quite being exact. You're supposed to build the top, center of the saucer and then attach it. Well, that isn't so easy. I had to add in some support around the inside center and then slowly build up the middle. Attaching the pre-made "bridge" center wasn't going to work. Some other sections when attaching the neck to the saucer and body needed the flat tiles to be as flush as possible. Had to switch parts around to find the ones which worked best. Otherwise, it wouldn't go together. Definitely frustrating at poins, However, once the Enterprise is done, it's a beauty. It's gigantic. And heavy. And gorgeous.

Definitely the 10th Anniversary Sparrowhawk. the multiple instruction booklets were something that caught me completely off guard when I took it out of the box. There was also a minimal amount of bigger pieces which means the body of the thing was built completely from the ground up from fairly smaller pieces, and If I'm not mistaken the entire main body is solid which means there's that much more, simple, but overwhelming. However, the real thing that was really painstaking was the decorative details on the wings and outside the sides of the cockpit. one thing that was particularly interesting about the build was how to process wasn't streamlined, there were multiple bigger pieces that you assembled onto the main build, such as the side gun turrets, the wings, tail, etc. All in all the hardest part of the build was the number of small pieces that went into the build. This set, however, is still one of the coolest sets I've ever built.

Unsc vulture. I was building it while traveling from house to house so time consumption and just having to constantly put away and take out unbuilt pieces

Return to “Halo”