[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Infinite Marines using CoD molds making them taller? :s - Community

Infinite Marines using CoD molds making them taller? :s

Builds & Discussions
So if you look closely at the marines advertised with the UNSC Mongoose, people have been having concerns, and with the leaked figure from where I wont disclose from another part of the internet, a marine is indeed taller than spartans now.

Now I know this isnt about perfect articulation or anything. But this kinda peeves me.

I really don't mind it. I'm not trying to make a perfect simulation, after all. Besides, forced perspective can always help.

No, the legs, i believe, are Keyes design. If you recall, Keyes from series 8 had such a design. His legs appeared as if Call of Duty design but are not.

The legs are 100% confirmed cod legs. I’ve seen a picture made by HFFL comparing the marine and Mark VII from HHS12 and the new marines are definitely taller. I couldn’t tell you where to find it, as I only saw it through Discord.

GreenSpartan082 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:46 pm
The legs are 100% confirmed cod legs. I’ve seen a picture made by HFFL comparing the marine and Mark VII from HHS12 and the new marines are definitely taller. I couldn’t tell you where to find it, as I only saw it through Discord.
Sigh. I think not. The waist piece on that comparison is riding high up, and the body with it

Yes, they're CoD legs. Deal with it. The sniper figure even uses CoD pouches on her legs, so there's really no way to argue or doubt it.

I'll be honest, I'm tired of seeing people whining about it as if an extra centimetre is some kind of dealbreaker. None of the figures in the Halo line have been perfectly proportional to the in-game versions, changes in figures happen on a regular basis, and the size of different races in Halo changes from one game to another anyway.

I agree with @81CetaDeta

Just because there are pouches, doesn't mean that they are CoD legs. If I recal, many new marines have pouches of the same design, just not mold. And the taller legs doesn't mean they are Cod. They fit a Halo torso, so a new mold is posssible. Looks can be decieving.

Also, it is a small deal. I like the fact that it is a bit taller. it adds some variation, just like the new head mold.

It's not so much that its an issue, as Elites are supposed to be even taller than spartans, I just wish Spartan torso/foot molds made them taller than marines even if just a smidgen. But its a personal taste thing. The UNSC Mongoose marines for Infinite look normal sized, so Im curious if this unamed HHS12 marine might actually have some importance of if it was just one of those fluke spur of the moment things.

True...
And she is a hero, so she might be an important character.

I'll just share this comment from Yan MCX on Discord here to officially put the debate to rest.

Design team wanted to make the marines more customizable, so they used the existing leg pieces from our COD bank, which results in a slightly taller figure. It's not ideal, but we thought the difference was subtle and offset by the benefit of added customizability

Hopefully it's not a dealbreaker for the fans, but I understand it's weird to have marines taller than spartans.

Return to “Halo”