[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
New sets spotted! - Page 8 - Community

New sets spotted!

Builds & Discussions
EVERYONE! Go to the sets then press active. It will show some of the new sets!!!

The new sets look cool, as always.

Not really excited to see that sets I haven't found at retail yet have been discontinued.

I believe Target has the Arctic and Advanced Troopers as in-store exclusives. I have an expedition planned this weekend to find out. If so, then they may start hitting other retailers within the next couple of months. Both the Coastal Intercept and Arctic Invasion started as store exclusives, but later could be found at a variety of places. I don't know if Zombies Nuketown was ever actually released; I suspect the four people who claim to own it might be exaggerating, to be polite. It might just be delayed; Nuketown II similarly took forever from announcement to actual release. In that case, it might be delayed enough to require rebranding to the Mega Construx line, which would mean printing new boxes, at least.

(I didn't even have to guess which sets you're missing. I just knew.)

Also, just because something is "discontinued" doesn't mean that it's dead forever. Lots of sets have been reprinted under new codes. Plus 2016 saw the first true "redeco" sets, with the white snowmobile and green camo inflatable boat, and those had been out of production for years. So I wouldn't worry about it. Mattel/Mega don't seem interested in playing artificial scarcity games.

On a personal update, I have the ATV Ground Recon and both Armory sets. They're nice! The Armory sets are now showing up at MSRP at Toys R Us and online retailers, so I'd call them fully released.

I got all new sets their so awesome

ColBosch wrote:I believe Target has the Arctic and Advanced Troopers as in-store exclusives. I have an expedition planned this weekend to find out. If so, then they may start hitting other retailers within the next couple of months. Both the Coastal Intercept and Arctic Invasion started as store exclusives, but later could be found at a variety of places. I don't know if Zombies Nuketown was ever actually released; I suspect the four people who claim to own it might be exaggerating, to be polite. It might just be delayed; Nuketown II similarly took forever from announcement to actual release. In that case, it might be delayed enough to require rebranding to the Mega Construx line, which would mean printing new boxes, at least.

(I didn't even have to guess which sets you're missing. I just knew.)

Also, just because something is "discontinued" doesn't mean that it's dead forever. Lots of sets have been reprinted under new codes. Plus 2016 saw the first true "redeco" sets, with the white snowmobile and green camo inflatable boat, and those had been out of production for years. So I wouldn't worry about it. Mattel/Mega don't seem interested in playing artificial scarcity games.

On a personal update, I have the ATV Ground Recon and both Armory sets. They're nice! The Armory sets are now showing up at MSRP at Toys R Us and online retailers, so I'd call them fully released.
That's pretty good. I am indeed missing the Arctic Troopers, Advanced Soldiers and Zombies Nuketown.

I'm a little nervous about the discontinued status because something happened to distribution in 2016. The Jungle Rangers set was supposed to be a spring set. I didn't see it on a store shelf until June. I believe the Office Zombies were supposed to be a spring set also. I happened to find two sets at Toys R Us in late summer. Haven't seen another set at retail since. I never saw the Jetpack Fighter or Advanced Enforcer in stores. I don't check once in awhile. I'm always checking Walmart, Toys R Us, Amazon, etc. Even Target that has little to nothing these days. Until last year I could find almost any set early, often and with little trouble. Personally I hope Mega gets things back to the way they were.

Mega has a serious issue with distribution. There seem to be several sets that have been officially released for several months but are nowhere to be found, online or otherwise. I do hope that they focus on this year .

I acuity have one the mercenary outpost armory s pretty cool.

Well, Target's website is a crock of lies. I checked three Chicago stores that claimed they had Arctic Troopers and Advanced Soldiers in stock, and nada: one copy of Jungle Troopers - total, not per store - some Destiny sets, a few Halo blind bags and single-figure blisters, and a handful of preschool sets.

One of their employees explained it to me like this - Target does each of the "figure packs" under the same code. So the Jungle Troopers set would flag the site so each pack would show as in stock. At least that's what they said to me.

That would explain one store, but not the other two that had no CoD items at all.

Return to “Call of Duty”