[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
What's in your collection? - Page 28 - Community

What's in your collection?

Builds & Discussions
Cinimod64 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:17 pm
Survivor11 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:29 am
Cinimod64 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:45 pm

Two things:
First thing: I do have glasses(at least I did until someone stole them from my unlocked locker(I know, that's no me I should've locked it))
Second thing: The picture I found made it look like a bandanna. Most likely because it didn't have a bill in the picture.
That doesn't change that you should probably get some new glasses then.
I agree, but I also don't want my parents to have to pay for new ones.
That's a really, really stupid reason.
Glasses cost in between 30-100€ where I live (and because health insurance is... Free, we get 50% off).
I'm guessing it's not that much more in the US.
It's not that glasses are a bonus for people who need then, they're a necessity.
You're not going to tell me that if you had Asthma and you lost your inhaler, you'd be afraid to ask your parents to buy you a new one, hence literally risking your life (although glasses are a little less extreme).

Im as blind as a bat in a blizzard without my glasses and they cost sometimes more than that in the U.S. and insurance ain't cheap.

And you could have reported them missing or stolen.

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:29 am
Im as blind as a bat in a blizzard without my glasses and they cost sometimes more than that in the U.S. and insurance ain't cheap.

Well, that's a considerable advantage to living in the EU.

Low have low health maintenance costs and even if you can't afford lifesaving surgery, they will still operate on you, and not even charge you if you really can't pay (as in, it's government verified that you're broke).
Say what you will about Europe, but people here have ethics and won't just try to pressure you out of money at every corner.
Honestly, I'm surprised that the US even has certified medical docters because its pretty harming to a patient if you refuse to take care if them when they can't cough up a few dollars more.
Like c'mon, the point of the Oath they take is to prevent that.

Sorry for the rant, but my aunt in the US almost lost her step-son because they refused to operate him unless they paid full price (about 10 times more than I had to pay for that exact same surgery to remove my appendix in the EU).

Rogue-Elite wrote:

I actually did report them missing after I couldn't find them. But they haven't turned up.

Survivor11 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 4:19 pm
Rogue-Elite wrote:

Well, that's a considerable advantage to living in the EU.

Low have low health maintenance costs and even if you can't afford lifesaving surgery, they will still operate on you, and not even charge you if you really can't pay (as in, it's government verified that you're broke).
Say what you will about Europe, but people here have ethics and won't just try to pressure you out of money at every corner.
Honestly, I'm surprised that the US even has certified medical docters because its pretty harming to a patient if you refuse to take care if them when they can't cough up a few dollars more.
Like c'mon, the point of the Oath they take is to prevent that.

Sorry for the rant, but my aunt in the US almost lost her step-son because they refused to operate him unless they paid full price (about 10 times more than I had to pay for that exact same surgery to remove my appendix in the EU).
So first off. I should say that I can see okay without my glasses. My left eye is (if it makes any sense) at like 65% while my right one is at 96%. So losing my glasses isn't that much of an impact on me.

Second, my parents already do so much for me(caring for me, making dinner, providing school funding, etc) that asking them to pay for glasses that I can live without makes me feel guilty and hesitate to ask.

I'd ask that in the future you don't just call reasons stupid(whether they be mine or someone else), especially if you don't know the full context of the situation.
And to be clear, I'm not mad. I'm just trying to inform.

Cinimod64 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:18 pm
Rogue-Elite wrote:

I actually did report them missing after I couldn't find them. But they haven't turned up.
joke's on the theif unless they have the exact same prescription lol

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:40 pm
Cinimod64 wrote:
Rogue-Elite wrote:

I wonder what they'd do with them. "I have these pair of glasses that don't help me at all. This was smart."

Cinimod64 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:02 pm
Rogue-Elite wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:40 pm
Cinimod64 wrote:

I wonder what they'd do with them. "I have these pair of glasses that don't help me at all. This was smart."
That was definitely a... stupid reason to steal glasses...

Is there some sort underground black market for glasses?

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:10 am
Is there some sort underground black market for glasses?
There might be.

Return to “Call of Duty”