[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
CoD figures and wargaming? - Community

CoD figures and wargaming?

Builds & Discussions
I was wondering if anyone else was using their CoD micro action figures as miniatures for wargaming or roleplaying games? Is so what rule systems are you guys using?

will i have a friend who plays war hammer and i took some points from him so give it a thought and look it up

I've written for a couple of game lines, and have been kicking around the idea of doing a wargame just for the Call of Duty line. The main reason I haven't is because I'm unsure if Activision would be cool with it.

ColBosch wrote:I've written for a couple of game lines, and have been kicking around the idea of doing a wargame just for the Call of Duty line. The main reason I haven't is because I'm unsure if Activision would be cool with it.

As long as you don't try to make money off of it I doubt Activision would have an issue with a fan-produced game.

I've mostly been using the Savage Worlds Showdown rules, but recently picked up the rules for Chain Reaction, Danger Close, Double Tap, FiveCore, Forge of War, FUBAR, and Go! Go! Go! with places to run them though their paces.

Also found a few interesting looking building brick-based war games: BOW (Bricks Only Wargame), Brick Battles, and Minifigz.

sirkerry wrote:As long as you don't try to make money off of it I doubt Activision would have an issue with a fan-produced game.
Not to get too deep into the topic, but I wouldn't count on it and would rather not take the risk. Video game companies are fiercely protective of their IP, sometimes too much so.

Just "file the serial numbers off". You can mention figure heights, and give basic figure descriptions (arctic/desert/urban, helmet/night-vision goggles/balaclava, and so on) and stay safe. As most of the parts are generic you can get away with most things. For the Advanced series, exoskeleton and laser weaponry works well enough for generic.

ColBosch wrote:
sirkerry wrote:As long as you don't try to make money off of it I doubt Activision would have an issue with a fan-produced game.
Not to get too deep into the topic, but I wouldn't count on it and would rather not take the risk. Video game companies are fiercely protective of their IP, sometimes too much so.
this depends on the developer. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY is it competition in any way to anything they have made within yhe last 5 years. If so they will shut you down in .5 seconds. Activision dosen't care if you make a fan made anything off something that's old and they don't market for. Same said for something they do market for but relise that they can't do anything with the franchise. Before EA got battlefront a fan made game was in progress and made it pritty far but as soon as EA got the license they shut it down. I don't have a example of a old game off the top of my head but I can give you nitendo and a starfox game mod, nitendo can't do anything with the license thats half decent so there's no reason to touch a fan made game meanwile they ruthlessly shut down anything that boards competition to there top franchises like zelda and mario.

Hey, I am creating a Project: V.O.R.T.E.X RPG tabletop game! It uses D&D adventure system parts with HALO, CoD, King Arthur and WoW figures! I'm gonna post some on the gallery soon! It's gonna be EPIC!

Return to “Call of Duty”