[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Fall 2016 feedback - Page 2 - Community

Fall 2016 feedback

Builds & Discussions
I picked up all the sets and I think the only critical flaw is with the Arcadia Jumpship.

Once it's assembled, there's a weak point at the cockpit. The model is not stable and the slightest mishandling will cause it to break in half. I've already had this happen once and on re-assembly I'm going to try to figure out a way to re-enforce it.

+More Titans
+More Factions for Hunters and Titans. You have the Dead Orbit, New Monarchy and Future War Cult Warlocks but nothing for the Hunters or Titans?

I am a 39 year old man who hasn't used construction bricks in 30 years. I have never seen the appeal in these sets as I always gravitated towards more realistic replicas and toys. Destiny is my favorite game of all time, and seeing as there is a serious lack of collectibles so far, I decided what the heck.
I started with the sparrow.
Looks cool and was fast and easy.
Next up was Atheon.
Ok that wasn't so bad.
Last night was the Cabal Interceptor.
Now I am hooked!!

I have the Arcadia Jumpship and Spider-tank waiting at home and I cannot wait!
So far the sets have been really easy to understand the directions. One thing I would say, I would like it better if the pieces were bagged by the steps. As I said, I am new to this, so maybe looking through the parts is part of the fun for people, but I could do without it.
The quality is top notch and I cannot wait for more!!

I would love to see a wide array of ships and maybe some diorama sets, such as Lord Saladdin's Iron Banner area, Amanda Hollidy's ship and sparrow area, the Speaker's tower, Verik's booth etc.

Keep em' coming!!

[quote="CaryMega"]Hey guys!

With the Fall 2016 launch upon us, although some of you may have some sets already, I wanted to know: What do you guys think of our new collection?/quote]

I've been waiting for this line to happen for three years. I was ecstatic when you guys made the announcement back in February, and I was able to obtain a Sparrow set and the Cabal Interceptor as early as May. I was not disappointed! I'm now two sets away from having the complete wave (still have yet to pick up the Jumpship and the Walker), and here are my thoughts:

The vehicles are spot on and highly accurate to the in-game designs. Keep it up! Moreover, I love the format you decided to go with for the figures. Being able to utilize parts from both the COD and Halo lines has made for countless variations and armor permutations. That having been said, my biggest issue with this line has been the quality of said figures.

1. The heads of the Hunters are made of a very soft plastic, the sculpt and paint job falling quite short of the quality of the Halo figures. Furthermore, the fact that the hood is actually molded onto the helmet is a sincere letdown and a missed opportunity. I was hoping for a coupling system similar to that of the hoods on the Assassin's Creed figures.

2. The shortage of actual cloaks on the Hunters, specifically in the armory packs. Again, this was another missed opportunity for further customization of our Guardian figures. The cloaks are arguably the most identifiable aspect of a Hunter. Well worth the extra cost of including fabric within these smaller sets.

3. What's with the terrible rubber belts? The belts used in the COD figures were perfectly fine. They're made of a sturdier plastic that keeps the torso from rotating too easily, and the protrusions on the sides work wonderfully for adding accessories such as packs and grenades. I've replaced the rubber belts with the COD line belts on all my Guardians, and they look great. It would be wonderful if this was how they were designed and came out of the package. It would be a very easy improvement to the quality of these figures.

4. Everyone's been saying it: where are the Titans??? Five Warlocks, five Hunters and only one single Titan available in the entire line? Especially given that, instead of releasing an armory pack for each Guardian class, you skip the Titan and do a second Hunter pack instead? (One more that is sans-cloak, might I add.) There's some serious ground to make up for in future waves. And the fact that you have a whole other Titan armor mold visible in the "Customize-Your-Guardian" page only rubs salt in the wound. That red Titan? It's beautiful. It's exactly what I want. I'd buy three of them without a moment's hesitation if I could. So why can't I???

5. The one Titan mark you did release in the Cabal Interceptor set? Rubbish. Doesn't drape downward at all, painfully under designed, and just makes the figure look bad. Removed mine as soon as I took the figure out of the packaging. I recommend utilizing the COD belts I mentioned previously and pin a cloth Titan mark on the belt using the pocket accessory part ubiquitous in the COD line. Granted, given where the slots are currently located, this would place the mark on the left side of the Titan instead of the right as it is in the game, however this would be a worthy and forgivable oversight for the quality of the figure over all.

6. The Hunter chest pieces are very flimsy and cheap. (I was let down when I saw that the armor connecting under the arms was non-existent, making the piece a slip-on, rather than a clip-on.) I was hoping for a two-piece system similar to that of the chest armor on the Spartans and the Titan. Albeit, the Hunters' chest armor is actually meant to be lighter than that used by a Titan in game, in which case another remedy could be keeping the chest armor a single piece but also designing abdominal protection, as seen on some Hunters. This would provide more structure to the piece and eliminate the malleability.

7. The peg holes on the backs of all the Guardian figures are much too tight, and I've been having a frustrating time inserting the Ghost's translucent stand piece. I tried instead inserting the part into the back of a COD figure, and it slid in with a refreshing amount of ease.

8. Fabric cloaks for the Hunters, but only plastic cloaks for the Fallen Captains...? Why?

I hope this feedback serves you well. I echo what everyone else has been saying about more weapon variety (Scout rifles, please!), as well as more Titans. However, I think before you venture out into designing more sets, you should first improve the quality of the figures. They're truly the heart and soul of this line. They reflect our Legends. You already know people are interested in and will put money down for this line. Going out of your way to make it all it can be will be worth every penny.

Community Team
Thank you to everyone for your feedback! :)

I own all of the Destiny sets, including the recently released ones under the Construx brand, and I have to say I've been consistently impressed with the overall quality thus far. I'm especially impressed with the excellent micro printing details such as those on the warlock bonds. There are a few things I look forward to moving onward, though. The first being more of a balance between the release of Hunters, Titans and Warlocks between the sets and the second being the ability to purchase pure enemy troop packs. Regarding the latter, it's always nice having the ability to buy groups of bad guys and scenery pieces without accruing multiple copies of extra unneeded good guy figures. That in itself is something I value greatly when deciding if I'm going to buy multiples of a particular set which might contain many superfluous figures/parts than what I need it for. For example, buying the Guardian Armory sets gives me exactly what I want/need in one package if I'm looking for a particular good guy. But were I interested in owning an extra Harpy, that currently only comes in the Atheon set, it'd be hard to justify buying multiples of that set just for that one minor figure.

I have a few of the new Destiny sets and I feel similar to TSW. Building my fireteam was easy enough. However, creating the alien forces for them to face will be more difficult. The different ranks for the aliens is probably a hold up in the designing department but I hope in the future I will be able to properly army build some alien enemies. More fallen, vex, and Hive please!

The lines look really good. But as usual availability is scarce to nonexistent. One small area of shelf space cannot display a line as large as yours. Therefore a large part of the line becomes unavailable. This seems to apply to all stores in my area. Miami. I didn't even see a change in sets available before Christmas. No push for holiday season? Seems odd to me.

We have the whole set and they are AWESOME! The one thing I would change about a set is the jumpship: it breaks easily. There is a weakness right in the middle, so the front half pops off easily.

As far as the figures go, please put capes on the Hunters. They look odd without capes. And bring out more Titans.

I would also love to see individual figures for squad building. For example, the Hive Thrall set only comes with three Thrall. When they swarm, there's a ton of them. I'd like to buy more of them (individually) without having to buy the giant set just to get three. Buying Fallen Dregs or Vex would be fun, too. And can we get some Taken?

I really liked the 2016 sets! I was really hoping to see a new Falcon set. Other then that, the 2016 line was awesome!

Jedi_Json wrote:We have the whole set and they are AWESOME! The one thing I would change about a set is the jumpship: it breaks easily. There is a weakness right in the middle, so the front half pops off easily. As far as the figures go, please put capes on the Hunters. They look odd without capes. And bring out more Titans. I would also love to see individual figures for squad building. For example, the Hive Thrall set only comes with three Thrall. When they swarm, there's a ton of them. I'd like to buy more of them (individually) without having to buy the giant set just to get three. Buying Fallen Dregs or Vex would be fun, too. And can we get some Taken?

I agree with you on the troop building. That's why I only have one harpy for example. The new enemy's will come slowly it takes awile for them to make new molds and they can only do so many per wave. The balance is we also want new gardian armors so they do a new enemy mold or two and then new armor for the classes.

Return to “Destiny”