[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Fears for Halo Mega Construx's Future - Community

Fears for Halo Mega Construx's Future

Builds & Discussions
Hey guys I know this may come as just a conspiracy but I really think that we could be getting our last waves of halo mega construx soon as I've been looking at the signs, mega has had poor distribution on these sets, there currently poorish quality and as many of you would know many of the sets are sitting on shelves gathering dust. Mega Construx would then be losing money on these sets as they are being sold at absurdly low prices.
So mega if halo does get cancelled, could you please keep the forum/gallery active cause I've made some really good friends here and I don't want to see any leave.

They're not cancelling the line. Mega Brands doesn't lose money if stuff is sitting on shelves. Retailers might lose money, though. Mega has already sold that product to retailers and made their money.

I think some stores will just order more conservatively. Also, Mega has expanded with a number of brands. I think no single brand will be their focus going forward. They're going to spread out the love a bit and see which lines click. Maybe some brands will only last for a year or two. However, I'm sure there will be a big push for Halo 6 whenever it comes out. Years with new games coming out will get bigger pushes. For now, Despicable Me is getting some attention. Destiny as well. Doesn't mean Halo is going away.

The Halo line has been going on for quite some time. It's surprising how long it's lasted. Also, they just made upgraded Grunts and Hunters. Would they invest in those if the line was ending? The line is in an interesting state though, because you have people wanting remakes of existing sets/vehicles and people complaining when they do. I think they may want to try to make more sets based on some older games. Update vehicles like the Falcon, for example. Revisit the past but with upgrade bodies and building techniques. And throw in some new stuff like Grunt Goblins. I have no fears about the line going away.

GreenSpartan082 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:11 am
Hey guys I know this may come as just a conspiracy but I really think that we could be getting our last waves of halo mega construx soon as I've been looking at the signs, mega has had poor distribution on these sets, there currently poorish quality and as many of you would know many of the sets are sitting on shelves gathering dust. Mega Construx would then be losing money on these sets as they are being sold at absurdly low prices.
So mega if halo does get cancelled, could you please keep the forum/gallery active cause I've made some really good friends here and I don't want to see any leave.
I understand your fears, mate. I have those fears, too. Only it's about Mega Construx as a whole. Why? The sets didn't sell in the first quarter year results. I have fears. I just don't know if they are true. They wouldn't get rid of the gallery if they were to discontinue Halo, though. Maybe a few people would quit (not me) and the community would be shattered but, just like a set that you dropped and it fell onto the ground, the remnant shall re-build.

Well retailers are losing money so why would they purchase them to sell?
It's like my local retailers who said they buy 10 of what they can get and see it it sells.

GreenSpartan082 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:44 pm
It's like my local retailers who said they buy 10 of what they can get and see it it sells.
Well I want to clarify something to everyone. Its the retailers fault that they are losing money I'm not going to buy a 2 year old product because they over bought the darn thing and still have it on shelves. The new stuff sells like hot cakes there just is never anything new to buy.

Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:31 pm
GreenSpartan082 wrote:
Well I want to clarify something to everyone. Its the retailers fault that they are losing money I'm not going to buy a 2 year old product because they over bought the darn thing and still have it on shelves. The new stuff sells like hot cakes there just is never anything new to buy.
Yeah I agree. My local stores over-bought average sets and not a smaller amount of good sets and now I have to suffer the consequences of THEIR actions.

charliebucket wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:51 pm
Admiral-Sabree wrote:
GreenSpartan082 wrote:
Yeah I agree. My local stores over-bought average sets and not a smaller amount of good sets and now I have to suffer the consequences of THEIR actions.
Also forgot to mention they don't put the old stuff of sale either so they bring in new stuff every 6 months and it sells instantly and there left with the old stuff still on shelf.

Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:41 am
charliebucket wrote:
Admiral-Sabree wrote:

Also forgot to mention they don't put the old stuff of sale either so they bring in new stuff every 6 months and it sells instantly and there left with the old stuff still on shelf.
Yeah... There's no new stuff. Literally Heroes Series 3 and that's it from ALL ranges this year so far.

charliebucket wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:14 am
Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:41 am
charliebucket wrote:

Yeah... There's no new stuff. Literally Heroes Series 3 and that's it from ALL ranges this year so far.
Series two man series TWO. And no Romeo odsts, just forges for days. At least with heroes 3 if your lucky you can snage a sweat honor guard. Man best heroes fig mega has made to data.

Man all I can find from heroes series 2 are sergeant forge! I found a box that had nothing but 5 forges!

Return to “Halo”