[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Hey Mega, What is up with all the bad washes? - Page 2 - Community

Hey Mega, What is up with all the bad washes?

Builds & Discussions
They need to make more of the blue team sets cause I can't find them any where

I was looking into doing that with my Osiris

I actually liked the metalic wash. I even did a few customized to my others to give them a flashier look.

The wash isn't two bad, just on most of them there is to much that it takes out a lot of the original colours.

I actually had a lot of fun painting mine. I made my own custom Civilian Evac themed spartan team that are made to rescue civis on a planet invasion. sporting Orange and yellow armor theme. was quite a lot of fun doing a silver wash on them to make it all feel like one unified theme instead of 2 spartan colors mixed into one.

Magnus913 wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:01 am
I actually liked the metalic wash. I even did a few customized to my others to give them a flashier look.
I like the wash too. I wouldn't mind a Fred in that color without the wash but he still looks creat from a few feet away.

Magnus913 wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:38 am
I actually had a lot of fun painting mine. I made my own custom Civilian Evac themed spartan team that are made to rescue civis on a planet invasion. sporting Orange and yellow armor theme. was quite a lot of fun doing a silver wash on them to make it all feel like one unified theme instead of 2 spartan colors mixed into one.
That sounds like an awesome team, you should post it on the gallery.

On my list of things to do.

The weathering done isn't the main issue, so much as how poorly it's applied. The silver isn't actually a wash, it's a drybrush. Drybrushing is a very carefully done process that requires patience you simply can't expect on an assembly line like this. I don't think they should even bother with this kind of application, as the worker needs to let the paint dry for a moment on the brush before applying it, because if it's too wet the color goes on thick and ruins the effect. Unfortunately, there's no room for patience when you're trying to churn out thousands of one figure.

For those unaware; drybrushing is applied via dipping a brush in paint and wiping off as much as possible, and sort of "beating" the paint into the bristles. This means it goes on very thin and doesn't look like much more than chipping on some edges. The paint the worker used was too wet and it applied like any regular paint.

Return to “Halo”