[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Mega Construx™ Halo Designer Q&A *OFFICIAL THREAD* - Page 2 - Community

Mega Construx™ Halo Designer Q&A *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Builds & Discussions
What is your most requested character, set or theme to do? Have you already done a super-requested set before?

Community Team
monkEysxmoo35 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:34 pm
Can we expect anymore Sentinel or Enforcer figures? The last time we got them was with Battlescape III, back in 2012. I'd love to see these guys make a return! Maybe even get a figure for the Protector and new Controller Sentinel as well? They Sentinels were a larger part of the original Halo trilogy, being the only Forerunner enemies in the games, and it's a shame they've gotten so little love from Mega Construx.

What's something from the Halo universe that you've wanted to turn into a set for some time but didn't know how to approach it or perhaps don't have permission to create?
Kevin: We try to focus on current Halo content. It doesn't mean that we can't do it in the future if the opportunity arises, but we try to stay up to date with the current game, and Sentinels and Enforcers aren't part of the current games.
To answer your next question... the GRAVEMIND!! I think it would make an awesome set.

Stephane: What I would love to design would be a Covenant Cruiser, the size of the Forward Unto Dawn! It would be super fun to be able to build battle scenes between the two ships!!

Kévin: It would be cool to do a set based on water! Maybe it isn't the perfect situation for the Halo universe (Spartans don't do very well in water), but possibly in the future with other brands it would be cool to do!

Community Team
OnionBunn wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:35 pm
Halo has such an epic history (16 years!) How do you keep it new when designing something that's been around so long?
Stephane: That's a great question... it's the everyday struggle of designing new toys! I think a way that we do this is revisiting classics or redesigning old sets.

Kevin: It's also working closely with Microsoft to always make sure we have access to the latest and greatest content.

Where do you get your inspiration?

Community Team
shutupandeat wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:40 pm
What was your favorite set to design?
Kevin: Mega Construx Heroes He-Man and Skeletor (I'm a huge MOTU fan)!! If you want my favorite Halo set though, it would be the Floodgate from ~2011.

Stephane: I think I have a crush on the Banished Ghost Rush because I worked so hard on that set... I *almost* did everything from A-Z. From the first build to the final production, even including the playbook, I touched every aspect of that set, so I'm very proud of the design... I think it looks great, I'm very happy with the design, it looks red instead of purple, which sets it apart from some of our other sets.

Kévin: For me, I can't reveal any secrets, but it's the set of Halo Heroes Series 8!! I'm excited for you guys to see them when they come out!

If you could be any Halo character, which one would you be? And why?

Community Team
OnionBunn wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:46 pm
What is your most requested character, set or theme to do? Have you already done a super-requested set before?
Kevin: The Sabre from a few years ago won the fan-fest, and the Spirit came in #2, and we turned both of those into a SKU!

What is your favourite Halo game? If you had the time and resources, which vehicle and/or scene would you build from the Halo universe?

Community Team
BetheBee wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Where do you get your inspiration?
Stephane: I'm always trying to look at the build piece by piece. Taking little sets really helps me build larger sets. Sometimes, focusing on the small things really help me focus instead of being overwhelmed by thinking about the big picture!

Kévin: I think I'd say the opposite of Stephane! A lot of the vehicles from Halo are designed after animals, and I like to take inspiration from that.

Kevin: Since I usually work on three things at the same time, when I get stuck on something I just put it aside, work on something else, get some sleep, and I almost always come back the next day with a solution. A good night's sleep always helps!
(Note: Stephane readily agrees with this as well!)

Are you #TeamUNSC?

Or #TeamCovenant?

Or #TeamBanished?

I'm #TeamOnionBunn

Return to “Halo”