[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Native American ProBuilder set - Community

Native American ProBuilder set

General news and information related to Mega Construx
It would be cool to see a Native American ProBuilder set and when a cowboy one.

I feel this set might be hard to pull off with all these controversies from groups claiming it's not a accurate depiction or it offends a group of people.

Spartan818 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:49 pm
I feel this set might be hard to pull off with all these controversies from groups claiming it's not a accurate depiction or it offends a group of people.
As long as Mega Construx designers do their research and make historically accurate representations of various Native American warriors or tribes as a whole, I don't see the the problem. That, and not portraying them as the "bad guys" and cowboys as good. As long as the figures are done respectfully and accurately, which we know Mega Construx would do, it would be no different from any other historical figures Mega Construx has done.

Just because some people portray certain cultures in a bad light or inaccurately, does not mean that that cultural people can never be represented in some art form or another (like mega construx figures) ever again.

Why not honor many of the great historical cultures throughout time with ProBuilder? We already have Vikings, and often on this site, the popular ones come up: Ancient Greek, Roman, Egyptian etc. But here are a few more: various Native American tribes, the Kahokian culture, Aztecs, Mayans, Incans, Polynesians, Zulu, Malians, Akkadians, Assyrians, Perians, Babylonians, Hittittes, Aborigines, Phoenicians, Carthaginians, Monguls and so many more.... ok so maybe that's more than a few, but you get the point. History is great, and with the wonders of highly articulated mega construx figures and sets, history can come alive again. The possibilities are truly endless.

AiasOileus wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:15 pm
Spartan818 wrote:
History is great.
It sure is.

Anyway, I would really like some Romans. Imagine an MCX Roman Legion? It would be awesome.

Never understood why no one has done a roman theme. There is no license to buy so it would have a higher profit margin and bloks are perfect for that type of architecture. Mega already makes the pillars from the plasma and monster high line.

OMG BOTH WOULD BE SO AWESOME I NEED A NA CHEIF AND ROMAN CENTURION!!!!!!!!!

LishaThorne wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:23 pm
Never understood why no one has done a roman theme. There is no license to buy so it would have a higher profit margin and bloks are perfect for that type of architecture. Mega already makes the pillars from the plasma and monster high line.
Great point LishaThorne. They already have some column pieces and no licensing needed. Maybe if we keep mentioning Roman and Greek themes, we'll get at least one of them. Whether it be in Probuilder or the MCX Heroes line.

Yep, a centurion in the MCX Heroes line is good enough for me.

AiasOileus wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:15 pm
Spartan818 wrote:
As long as Mega Construx designers do their research and make historically accurate representations of various Native American warriors or tribes as a whole, I don't see the the problem. That, and not portraying them as the "bad guys" and cowboys as good. As long as the figures are done respectfully and accurately, which we know Mega Construx would do, it would be no different from any other historical figures Mega Construx has done.

Just because some people portray certain cultures in a bad light or inaccurately, does not mean that that cultural people can never be represented in some art form or another (like mega construx figures) ever again.

Why not honor many of the great historical cultures throughout time with ProBuilder? We already have Vikings, and often on this site, the popular ones come up: Ancient Greek, Roman, Egyptian etc. But here are a few more: various Native American tribes, the Kahokian culture, Aztecs, Mayans, Incans, Polynesians, Zulu, Malians, Akkadians, Assyrians, Perians, Babylonians, Hittittes, Aborigines, Phoenicians, Carthaginians, Monguls and so many more.... ok so maybe that's more than a few, but you get the point. History is great, and with the wonders of highly articulated mega construx figures and sets, history can come alive again. The possibilities are truly endless.
Yeah but who would buy theses sets with such unpopular cultures? A Mayan village might be a cool set (very similar to other native sets) but there's not enough people willing to buy it.

Return to “General discussion”