[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Suggestion: Destiny emblems with Mega Construx sets! - Community

Suggestion: Destiny emblems with Mega Construx sets!

Builds & Discussions
I posted this under "Ask Mega Blocks" but I thought I'd share here: what do you guys think about Mega Construx adding exclusive in-game emblems code in some of their Destiny sets?

Given what they do with the REQ packs in their Halo lines, I think that would be really nice to be able to sport an emblem showing our dedication to the Destiny Mega Construx we collect! Let's convince them to do it!

unfortunately unless Activi$ion gets a cut I don't see much hope of that happening. They would rather you buy them via microtransaction.

Arcsylver wrote: unfortunately unless Activi$ion gets a cut I don't see much hope of that happening. They would rather you buy them via microtransaction.
Well, traditionally, emblems were never sold via microtransactions. All emblems offered outside the game were either given at conventions or with specific items from the Bungie Store, so I do not see a financial loss for Activision. They're already making money through the licensing deal, creating a few emblems would just add value to a brand they're partnering with and could eventually drive sales. I know quite a few Destiny players collecting emblems wherever they can find them. Both Activision and Mega Construx would benefit from this.

The REQ packs in their Halo sets probably pushed sales for these items and I'd guess 343 were not asking for a cut or if they did, was probably included in the deal beforehand.

I'll keep my hopes up for these emblems.

WatchfulCrow wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:51 pm
Arcsylver wrote: unfortunately unless Activi$ion gets a cut I don't see much hope of that happening. They would rather you buy them via microtransaction.
Well, traditionally, emblems were never sold via microtransactions. All emblems offered outside the game were either given at conventions or with specific items from the Bungie Store, so I do not see a financial loss for Activision. They're already making money through the licensing deal, creating a few emblems would just add value to a brand they're partnering with and could eventually drive sales. I know quite a few Destiny players collecting emblems wherever they can find them. Both Activision and Mega Construx would benefit from this.

The REQ packs in their Halo sets probably pushed sales for these items and I'd guess 343 were not asking for a cut or if they did, was probably included in the deal beforehand.

I'll keep my hopes up for these emblems.
Yeah, that makes sense, I must admit that would be pretty cool. I still doubt it will happen though, but if it did I would definitely buy whichever sets had them.

that's a really good idea, i would love to get an emblem and show it off and get people asking how to get it, it would definitely drive up sales

Well, I guess the Mega Construx exclusive emblem at Gamestop is a start! Now, if only my store would have sets on the shelves, haha!

WatchfulCrow wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:28 pm
Well, I guess the Mega Construx exclusive emblem at Gamestop is a start! Now, if only my store would have sets on the shelves, haha!
:( You can buy online and get one.

YOU CAN GET IT AT GAME STOP JUST TRADE IN GAMES!!

Bumping this as I still think it's a good idea. The Gamestop emblem seemed exclusive to the US so no luck here up north... Maybe pack this emblem in an upcoming set so everyone could get it. The code in game already exist so it would be easier to implement, right? I'd like to sport that MCX emblem!

I too would love to see the code for the "Brick by Brick" emblem come back.

Back when it was originally on offer, the GameStop website allowed me to order that sparrow with the emblem code and select shipping to Australia. 2 weeks later, they cancelled my order due to "insufficient stock", even though it was still listed as available on their site, and I could place a new order, just not to an Australian address anymore.

I ended up bribing a guy from my work's the Californian office to go into a brick and mortar store to pick one up for me, but by that time there were no more codes.

Return to “Destiny”