[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Why so many repeat Halo figures in upcoming sets? - Community

Why so many repeat Halo figures in upcoming sets?

Builds & Discussions
Why are we seeing so many already-available figures being repacked in upcoming Halo sets?

Purple H4-5 grunts in Mantis sets (also were in Shields of Requiem)
Red H1-3 grunts in Hornet set (also were in Battle for Ark blind bag series)
Purple Elite Rangers in the Spartans vs Elites (also were in Shields of Requiem)
Green Recon and Rogue Spartans in power pack (non-metallic of BOTH were in Mongoose Rampage)

Maybe there are others too. Just seems like a trend of figures being reused in upcoming sets. And recently offered figures at that. Make the upcoming sets seem a bit less special and desirable.

Figure moulds are expensive and complicated to make, especially ones as intricate as what Mega uses. It'd be a massive waste of money and resources to only use them once. Presumably, Mega also only has limited room in their factories and production lines, so they wouldn't have the space to use all of their moulds at once, hence why the current batch of sets are using similar/familiar figure types.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:32 pm
Figure moulds are expensive and complicated to make, especially ones as intricate as what Mega uses. It'd be a massive waste of money and resources to only use them once. Presumably, Mega also only has limited room in their factories and production lines, so they wouldn't have the space to use all of their moulds at once, hence why the current batch of sets are using similar/familiar figure types.
Yeah, and also the Recon and Rogue are available helmets, but we are seeing new armor and chest armor. Besides, what if people want two Recons?

Honestly I like it mostly. Means I don’t have to buy 5 of a set to get 1 figure type I want (eg, Purple Grunt), instead I could say, buy a couple Gungoose, a Hannibal Mantis and then a few SOR Lances.

JoeFilms wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:44 pm
NatoGreavesy wrote:
Yeah, and also the Recon and Rogue are available helmets, but we are seeing new armor and chest armor. Besides, what if people want two Recons?
COUGH COUGH

A different colors and

B to paint them.

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:33 am
JoeFilms wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:44 pm
NatoGreavesy wrote:
COUGH COUGH

A different colors and

B to paint them.
I want more than 2 Recons I want all of them I will make a monument of just recon figures

I understand Mega needs to reuse molds. That's rather obvious. But I don't think we've ever seen the same exact figures released so closely together. Except that glut of blue Aviators and Defenders which hit a few years ago. I'm not requesting new molds, but newer molds which still haven't been offered in new colors.

Frankly, I think it's a cost-cutting movie. And not specifically save on new mold costs. More like the line's budget is shrinking. Which makes sense due to less retailers ordering sets and not having a new Halo game releasing soon. I know I'm reading between the lines, but I'm starting to worry about Mega's future. We're seeing a lot of pics for future sets with few actually releasing. This may be one of the slowest years for Mega collectors sets. We'll see what's shown at Toy Fair, but I'm not very optimistic.

Well if more sets have duplicate figures/parts they can just mads produce a few different parts

Toy Designer
Excellent question. For the Covenant/Banished, we picked some of the figures that are good for troop building or that may have been tougher to obtain the first time around and brought them back.

For the Spartans, with the EOD coming in the new metallic green, we wanted to make sure that the armor colors match, so fans can mix-and-match parts.

I hope this helps!

I hope you can release E.O.D. In some other colors as well heck you guys should just make a big armor customizer with all the halo 3 armor.

Return to “Halo”