[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Really REALLY liking the new ODSTs - Community

Really REALLY liking the new ODSTs

Builds & Discussions
Although I haven't yet seen MEGA add the new drop pods to the available sets (https://halo.megabloks.com/en-us/toys/construction), most Walmarts are now stocking the black, green, and white ODSTs, as well as the blue Elite (new-articulation). I have to say, I feel these are a vast improvement over the bright copper and electric blue ODSTs in the last wave. The black is a pretty good combination, and the green is almost as good. Likely as not I will have WAY to many of these by the time the year is out. Good work MEGA!

One piece of advice? Loose the teeth. They look much better without the shark-teeth laden helmet.

I like the new odst's as well, however.... I like the teeth prints on them.. Maybe we could have some with or with out them. When I see the Shark teeth on them they make me think of the insurrectionist soldiers from RED VS. BLUE.

Good point. Of course for a covert trooper who operates primarily in a covert capacity behind enemy lines a bright set of white teeth seems problematic. Nevertheless, they are easy enough to remove so I'd just like to see a larger selection of ODST-related sets.

For instance, I really want them to complete the Halo 3: ODST team (Buck, Mickey, Dutch, Romeo, Dare) in the new articulation.

mwcarlson wrote:
> Good point.
> For instance, I really want them to complete the Halo 3: ODST team (Buck,
> Mickey, Dutch, Romeo, Dare) in the new articulation.

THIS, 100x ...I would buy every team member twice (AT LEAST), one to keep the team as-is, and a second just to be able to customize other ODSTs already bolstering my ranks. #ODST4L

hmmmm

In future waves perhaps they can include an alternative non helmeted ODST head ( i.e. a characters non helmeted head) as a chase figure.

As a COD figure fan primarily ODST's are one of the few HALO figures that i cannot resist.

I really like the new ODSTs, however I wish that they'd create something similar to a Fireteam for them. Also, I find the teeth on their helmets very unappealing. If anyone knows a way to remove them somehow that doesn't take too much effort, I'd really appreciate it.
I really miss the TRU exclusive line they had that spawned the ODST Hawk and Scorpion. Shame I didn't nab the ODST Scorpion before it was discontinued. More ODST-themed sets please!

I agree with the ODST love. I like them better than Spartans. An ODST troop pack seems like it will be coming up before too long. As well as more ODST sets I wouldn't mind seeing more Marine sets.

CsDarKnight wrote:
> I really like the new ODSTs, however I wish that they'd create something
> similar to a Fireteam for them. Also, I find the teeth on their helmets
> very unappealing. If anyone knows a way to remove them somehow that
> doesn't take too much effort, I'd really appreciate it.
> I really miss the TRU exclusive line they had that spawned the ODST Hawk
> and Scorpion. Shame I didn't nab the ODST Scorpion before it was
> discontinued. More ODST-themed sets please!

Acetone and cotton *** (nail polish remover works as well)

Oh yeah the ODST deserves a Fireteam set!!! I will most likely get multiples. The only down side with the figures though I think is the leg armor interferes with the hip armor. Mega used the marine hip armor but they really should reduce the size of the armor piece as it severely limits the movement of legs with the leg armor on. I usually just remove the hip armor, but it does leave a hole through the waist of the figure. I wonder if Mega could fix that.

I think part of what keeps the cost on these awesomely articulated microfigs reasonable is the reuse of parts. If they went and made a new crotch piece that didn't have the holes in the front and back to hold the belts or armor it could increase overall cost (not to mention take a while to get into circulation). If you don't like the belt that comes on the ODST you could try replacing it with the "belt" piece from the NMPD customizer set that is the same buckle and *** pack piece that comes with most of the Assassin's Creed microfigs.

Return to “Halo”