[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS: Sets, Characters, Packs etc.. - Page 223 - Community

IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS: Sets, Characters, Packs etc..

Builds & Discussions
Buck was fan service the other characters were cardboard cutouts.

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:19 pm
Elaborate.

RedThree wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:47 pm
Rogue-Elite wrote:
Elaborate.
locke, Tanaka and Vale had zero backstory within the game we did not know anything about them and we had no reason to care about them because of this.

You can say the same for blue team because that was the first time they appeared in a game.

Because of this halo 5 is over relying on outside lore making the game a confusing mess for the casual fan not knowing or not caring enough to read the lore.

That and the awful dialogue and writing etc there was literally zero memorable dialogue, one liners or moments that made me care.

Now being a fan of the halo lore I like blue team but again MOST halo players don't read the books or outside lore.

In regards of buck? He was most definitely fan service because of how good his character was in ODST.

you can argue the same for Halo CE but I have a counter argument, the relationship between player and characters grew organically they were not shoved in our faces and forced to care.

In halo 5 they expected everyone to have watched nightfall and read the comics and books leading up to halo 5.

Nuff said.

There you go people a compelling argument.

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:36 pm
RedThree wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:47 pm
Rogue-Elite wrote:
Elaborate.
locke, Tanaka and Vale had zero backstory within the game we did not know anything about them and we had no reason to care about them because of this.

You can say the same for blue team because that was the first time they appeared in a game.

Because of this halo 5 is over relying on outside lore making the game a confusing mess for the casual fan not knowing or not caring enough to read the lore.

That and the awful dialogue and writing etc there was literally zero memorable dialogue, one liners or moments that made me care.

Now being a fan of the halo lore I like blue team but again MOST halo players don't read the books or outside lore.

In regards of buck? He was most definitely fan service because of how good his character was in ODST.

you can argue the same for Halo CE but I have a counter argument, the relationship between player and characters grew organically they were not shoved in our faces and forced to care.

In halo 5 they expected everyone to have watched nightfall and read the comics and books leading up to halo 5.

Nuff said.
Okay, thanks. Sorry, just needed a bit more than "cardboard cutouts". Thank you for the clarification.

Rogue-Elite wrote:
I agree with that, just Tanaka is my least favourite. If only I could play as Buck by myself.

Three words, Super Articulated Skirmisher

I've got quite the list of interesting sets btw
Alright lets start with the first ones
3 battle packs
h2= halo 2

All below are based on halo 2's missions where you fight the heretics then the flood

Battle pack 1
Heretic battle pack
2 h2 heretic elites
2 h2 heretic grunts
1 h2 energy sword
1 h2 plasma rifle
1 h2 fuel rod cannon
1 plasma pistol

Battle pack 2
Covenant battle pack
2 h2 elites
2 h2 grunts
1 h2 beam rifle
1 h2 plasma rifle
1 needler
1 plasma pistol

Battle pack 3
Flood battle pack
2-3 elite combat forms
some infection forms
1 carbine
1 energy sword

Other Stuff:
each one could include a terrain piece that combine, not sure what though

14 words:

Stick an old skirmisher head on a new jackal... It's as simple as that.

Still skirmishers are quite rare.

We need a new halo 3 jackal some new skirmishers and drones they are the rarest covenant figures.

Return to “Halo”