[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Really REALLY liking the new ODSTs - Page 4 - Community

Really REALLY liking the new ODSTs

Builds & Discussions
Whiteagle wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:54 pm
AkulA1996 wrote:Well how do you know scorpions and warthogs can't be dropped by a pod of some kind. There's a lot in the halo universe and yet there's so much more that has yet to created/hasn't even been covered yet, who knows a vehicle pod may become a part of it. (note I have left out the mongoose, this is because during Red vs Blue season 9 or 10 - I think it's 10, Tex had a 2 wheeled mongoose styled motorcycle delivered via drop pod and well a mongoose isn't that much bigger than than the cycle).
Well, Halo 2 has a whole mission where the ODST are tasked with securing a Landing Zone for Pelicans, which is the UNSC's mainstay DropSHIP used to ferry around Warthogs and Scorpions on an EXTERNAL cargo hard-point.

That's kinda the issue, if you can bring in Pelicans or other large landing craft, you don't NEED the Drop Pods since you don't need the small profile to dodge heavy anti-air defenses.
While a Pelican air-lifting a Scorpion would make an AWESOME set, I think that kind of part count could only be done by the Signature Series.

Now, you'd have a much better argument for the Mantis, since in-game it's inactivated pose looks compressed enough to roughly be Drop Pod sized, but I don't know if the Mega Bloks incarnations can actually fold up like that.
Go play Halo wars 2.

Scorpion's can be dropped from orbit without a pod.

Survivor11 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:29 pm
Whiteagle wrote:
AkulA1996 wrote:Well how do you know scorpions and warthogs can't be dropped by a pod of some kind. There's a lot in the halo universe and yet there's so much more that has yet to created/hasn't even been covered yet, who knows a vehicle pod may become a part of it. (note I have left out the mongoose, this is because during Red vs Blue season 9 or 10 - I think it's 10, Tex had a 2 wheeled mongoose styled motorcycle delivered via drop pod and well a mongoose isn't that much bigger than than the cycle).
Well, Halo 2 has a whole mission where the ODST are tasked with securing a Landing Zone for Pelicans, which is the UNSC's mainstay DropSHIP used to ferry around Warthogs and Scorpions on an EXTERNAL cargo hard-point.

That's kinda the issue, if you can bring in Pelicans or other large landing craft, you don't NEED the Drop Pods since you don't need the small profile to dodge heavy anti-air defenses.
While a Pelican air-lifting a Scorpion would make an AWESOME set, I think that kind of part count could only be done by the Signature Series.

Now, you'd have a much better argument for the Mantis, since in-game it's inactivated pose looks compressed enough to roughly be Drop Pod sized, but I don't know if the Mega Bloks incarnations can actually fold up like that.
Go play Halo wars 2.

Scorpions? From orbit?
MAC rounds? In atomsphere?
Hotel? Trivago.

RedThree wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:02 pm
Survivor11 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:29 pm
Whiteagle wrote:

Go play Halo wars 2.

Scorpions? From orbit?
MAC rounds? In atomsphere?
Hotel? Trivago.
MACs cannot be fired in an atomsphere, because they're far too big for the molecular level.

The horror! Also survivor, they can, watch the last cutscene in Tip of The Spear from Reach.

GreenSpartan082 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:31 pm
The horror! Also survivor, they can, watch the last cutscene in Tip of The Spear from Reach.
I meant atomsphere.

I was making fun of his spelling.

Spartanz19 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:23 pm
Lol, atomsphere.
Wait... did I misspell it?
I use the spelling: Atomsphere

Autocorrect tells me...

OH FOR-

Atmosphere... It's atmosphere.

My bad, my bad.

*snickers in the distance*

STOP LAUGHING!

I see you Survivor! I see that joke you're about to make!

RedThree wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:52 pm
Spartanz19 wrote:
Lol, atomsphere.

Autocorrect tells me...

OH FOR-

My bad, my bad.

STOP LAUGHING!

Well, looks like your autocorrect is as useful as an atom is large...

Survivor11 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:19 pm
RedThree wrote:
Spartanz19 wrote:
Lol, atomsphere.

Autocorrect tells me...

OH FOR-

My bad, my bad.

STOP LAUGHING!

You have no idea what you have done. You shall rue this day, Survivor. You will rue this day!

RedThree wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:44 am
Survivor11 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:19 pm
RedThree wrote:

Autocorrect tells me...

OH FOR-

My bad, my bad.

STOP LAUGHING!

You have no idea what you have done. You shall rue this day, Survivor. You will rue this day!
Sure bud.

I just noticed... My haircut looks like Shaggy's.

So I might just be the most powerful entity in the universe.

Return to “Halo”