[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Halo bases - Page 3 - Community

Halo bases

Builds & Discussions
Survivor11 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:54 pm
nigelninja11 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:06 pm
I’m still confused about what this is about
That makes two of us.
Me when I try to explain any kind of lore to anybody.

RedThree wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:56 pm
Survivor11 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:54 pm
nigelninja11 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:06 pm
I’m still confused about what this is about
That makes two of us.
Me when I try to explain any kind of lore to anybody.
and that is what this is all about.

Don’t worry I’m still confused too.

I prefer the base 2011 elephant over the troop transport version. Mainly because it one can for 70 figures in it and the other like 15 if you try really hard. The troop transport I have I paid retail price for it without the figures, my exspirance is it's not worth the retail price without the figs. The sets build compromised to many things and I feel it should have been given the monetary room to wiggle. The build felt off, and was janky. There's alot of minor thing's I don't like about it either. Like the lack of ramps, or the front not being able to reach the back area vise versa. The weapon racks. The holes in the top even when the vehicle is closed up. Two things I think they did very well with however is with the cockpit and main gun.

If you want to see a game accurate build of the troop transport I think goodwill hunter or mabey it's vincehoffman, one of them made a really good custom of it.

Did someone mention my name- LOL! IMHO, both stock Elephant sets were great. The larger olive green Halo 3 M313 variant was the more game-accurate stock build. I think it was actually Mega Bloks' first really fantastic Halo themed set. The later, smaller dark green M312 Halo Wars Elephant had that clever deployable cannon on the troop bay roof and looked about right if you didn't look to closely. However there were many inaccuracies and missing common-sense features in that build- for example the forward "Mongoose garage" where the only point of egress was the front ramp! And same with the control cabin only being accessed through the folding wind screen!!! To provide access to these areas, I added doors between the control cabin, the amidships cargo landing area, and even a ladder and rooftop hatch. Yeah this build provided a lot of opportunities for customizers...

I kinda thought about doing something like that, I don’t have the dark green pieces to do it anymore since I rebuilt my rhino.

LOL! Unless you rebuilt your Rhino into a life size lawnmower, you would have needed a lot more spare green parts than that!

Nah I just meant connecting all the sections together, not much else. Oh and by the way fantastic build for the trailer, must’ve missed it.

Kodiak plus elephant

Nuff said

Yep it was you Vince. I remember seeing that built of yours. There's things I really liked about the Troop transport Elephant but the good just couldn't outweigh the bad or simply incredulous flaws. Its fine from a distance but as a usable model (as is what I use it for) its hilariously at being believable for marines to move around on it. Its a base build that I wish was given more wiggle room or like yours was basically made into a Sig Series.

Return to “Halo”