[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 64: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 70: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Halo bases - Page 4 - Community

Halo bases

Builds & Discussions
Rogue-Elite wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:03 am
Kodiak plus elephant

Nuff said
To replicate my rebuild of the Troop Elephant Rogue-Elite? LOL! Not even close. There are quantities of tiles and uncommon slope parts used which would take you several Kodiaks, several Firebases, and some other past dark green camo sets to accumulate.

I think this deserves an honourable menchin

Bossofbricks wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:44 pm

I think this deserves an honourable menchin
I agree.

Where do the troops, Mongooses, and or Warthog fit? For that matter, where does anything picked up by the crane get stowed?

In the mini back of course. It's clearly only for transporting small miniscule cargo.

VinceHoffman wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:36 pm
Rogue-Elite wrote:
Kodiak plus elephant

Nuff said
To replicate my rebuild of the Troop Elephant Rogue-Elite? LOL! Not even close. There are quantities of tiles and uncommon slope parts used which would take you several Kodiaks, several Firebases, and some other past dark green camo sets to accumulate.
nah as in combining features from both sets

r
Here's another good one

The Halo 3 Elephant was never intended as a mobile operations base, hence its official descriptor: The M313 Heavy Recovery Vehicle. Clearly Bungie intended the M313 Elephant as a battlefield tow truck, hence the open front and rear to facilitate hauling battle damaged vehicles aboard. While a bunch of us, myself included, MOC-ed it up in attempts to make it more like the buttoned up, armored up Halo Wars M312 Elephant that was never Bungie's intent. When MB released the proper Halo Wars Elephant I actually removed most of the MOC features I'd added to our "War Elephant" as we now had a proper troop-centric alternative.

Interestingly the smaller, chronologically earlier (Ensemble Studios penned) M312 Elephant variant shares the same "Heavy Recovery Vehicle "descriptor. This despite the fact that for Halo Wars game play purposes the M312 was largely portrayed as a mobile troop base and its interior spaces are clearly too small to accommodate anything larger than a Mongoose or perhaps a Jackrabbit. Only towards the end of the Halo Wars campaign do we see the M312 employed in a fashion that matches its description. This when the M312 tows the Spirit of Fire's Slipspace drive on a purpose built trailer to the site where the SoF's drive will be used as a make-shift planet-cracking bomb.

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:19 pm
VinceHoffman wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:36 pm
Rogue-Elite wrote:
Kodiak plus elephant

Nuff said
nah as in combining features from both sets
Well that isn't really describing anything that make sense to me either @Rogue-Elite. How do you or why would you combine a gigantic artillery gun with a troop carrier? Two completely different roles on the battlefield. The artillery piece sits miles from the front line lobbing shells in support of the front line troops. The troop carrier delivers fresh troops to the front line.

Return to “Halo”